HELP truck barely runs in lower RPMs, shakes and stutters

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 03:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HELP truck barely runs in lower RPMs, shakes and stutters

I just got back from some pretty serious mudding and a bonfire. The truck was running flawlessly all night, and I was driving it through some pretty wet stuff. I let the truck sit for a good 20 minutes before I got in to leave. When I started, it had a rough idle and if I gave it gas, the motor would stutter and shake in lower RPMS, but would rev fine in higher RPMS (above 2k). I literally had to limp the truck home, with a flashing CEL. Normally I would have just left the truck there but this was a pretty sketchy area. The entire way back though the truck was stuttering and shaking but barely made it home. If I had to guess anything, I'd guess wet plugs/COP, could this be what's causing my problems or is it something more serious? I'm really sort of freaking out here.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:14 AM
Most likely just one or two wet plugs. I've had the same thing happen to me twice, so i just decided to stay out of the water...as tempting as it is . Isn't really expensive or hard to due, just more of a hassle really.

Old 01-26-2008, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by _cashel
I just got back from some pretty serious mudding and a bonfire. The truck was running flawlessly all night, and I was driving it through some pretty wet stuff. I let the truck sit for a good 20 minutes before I got in to leave. When I started, it had a rough idle and if I gave it gas, the motor would stutter and shake in lower RPMS, but would rev fine in higher RPMS (above 2k). I literally had to limp the truck home, with a flashing CEL. Normally I would have just left the truck there but this was a pretty sketchy area. The entire way back though the truck was stuttering and shaking but barely made it home. If I had to guess anything, I'd guess wet plugs/COP, could this be what's causing my problems or is it something more serious? I'm really sort of freaking out here.
yup!?

Old 01-26-2008, 08:31 AM
Me too, when it rained hard and flooded parts of the street, I ran through it as I've done before and made a wave. Not right away, later I started it up and about then it started acting retarded. Coil on Plugs, #3 by the looks were kaput, so I put new ones in. I'll bet as well that is what's wrong. Take them out, dry the holes, put some dielectric grease in the boot and see if it helps. Depending on the miles, maybe it's new C.O.P time. Check the code against the codes listed above.

Quick Reply: HELP truck barely runs in lower RPMs, shakes and stutters