4.6L, Need more power

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 03:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4.6L, Need more power

I went to buy a truck and got a nice F150, but it has a 4.6L. Is there a supercharger out there that will fit my 2006. I already put a programmer on it and a exhaust. If anyone knows the answer please let me know.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:49 AM
how much you lookin for?

I have the 4.6 in an expedition. In stock mode, it is underpowered and poorly geared (shifting that is). I purchased the Xcal2 and custom tunes from Troyer and use the 93 performance tune. That alone made a world of difference. Added an AF1 cold air intake, and lastly E-fans from FAL. I am saving pennies for underdrive pulleys. All that has made this heavy truck a pleasure to drive. The pulleys should just add to that. All together, I think I spent about 1000, not including the pulleys.

I think a supercharger is going to cost you a pretty penny. But I don't have any experience with them, so others may chime in. Do some of the basics and see what you think before dumping a ton of $$ into a blower.

good luck.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:22 PM
plus... if you have the newer style F150 there are no Superchargers out for our truck. good luck bud. Troyer tunes will be your best bet.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:09 PM
I noticed dramatic performance improvement w/ the tunes + the cAI. I noticed additional power, accelleration and improved mpg's with the removal of the stock fan and installation of the e-fans. More power going to the driveshaft instead of turning the fan. The UD pulleys should have the same effect as the fans.

I'd love to dyno my truck, but it cost about 75-100. I could use that in getting actual mods. Oh well...

Quick Reply: 4.6L, Need more power