Originally Posted by jbrew
Sorry , that pi$$ed me off

No worries! I hear YA!

Old 12-10-2007, 07:53 PM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Jbrew,

-F OFF! I love it! I gotta find out where you live and bring you a beer.

JMC

Old 12-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I was charged $60 for a stress test/diagnostics at the dealer the found I had a bad coild and moved it to #1 making my life much easier. A decent dealer can diagnoss these trucks for not that much. Unless its really complex..

Old 12-10-2007, 08:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ya know jbrew and the rest of ya!
the longer i'm here the more i understand.
learn alot about trucks too

Old 12-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rough Idle

My 97 With a 4.6 engine did the same,
I replaced the Idle Control valve, Paid $79 for the part, and it fixed the problem, My check engine light never came up again.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:23 PM
You Dumb A$$. He's not listening to you , he as much said that politely IMO.

Replacing 10 year old coils is the best tune up you can give these trucks. The ignition systems are crucial in performance and economy. The things you have mentioned , 9 times out of 10 would have produced a MIL . If the OP or anyone else actually listened to your lack of knowledge , they would be digging deep in their pockets possibly for no reason.

He could have a new ignition system and forward O2's installed by himself for what they charge just to stress test it , let alone diagnose why the cylinder history don't compute. You think they don't throw parts at it ?? Are they your Saviour ?? Someone has to be because your bull****s transparent.

This Forums the best compared to taking your truck anywhere to troubleshoot. You cut us down.. You gain more knowledge and know how here reading from past posters who's problems were solved by good people who frequent this sit to help someone out. Your not one of them , so don't pretend to be. - F OFF!

WOW!!! I hope you got it all out. Thats what I meant by "scared of what they don't know". I realize he said he wasn't going to take it to a professional, I simply recomended he doesn't listen to a "rambling idiot", a.k.a. YOU (see above quote), about replacing parts without knowing if it will fix the problem. Do you ask for a heart transplant if you have gas? Well maybee you do, but I don't there are tests to perform to find out if you have a bad ticker. Just because you helped a few people out with some common problems like; coil boots cracking & P.C.V. elbows deteriorating, on these trucks doesn't make you an expert. Now, I have not mentioned anything for him to replace at all, so what the heck are you talking about 9 out of 10 times? I don't know where you dreamed that up. Also, I have many examples of perfectly good coil packs still producing quality spark at well over 200,00 miles, in fact most of the idiots I see out there that do replace them often don't need them. I don't know where you were going for service but I'm sure they are glad you don't go there anymore, how much do think it would cost to properely diagnose any p03xx code? I have yet to see it cost more than 90.00 (except when the owner thought he could fix it himself and masked the original problem) that can take more time. Fortunately many people trust my knowledge and their trucks are running fine with well over 400,000 miles on average. I don't use these forums for help. I use them to find out what idiots, a.k.a. YOU (see above quote), are saying about repairing their own vehicles and show what not to do about diagnosing problems. If Knowledge scares you, don't get angry, use it, learn from it.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:34 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by jethat
I was charged $60 for a stress test/diagnostics at the dealer the found I had a bad coild and moved it to #1 making my life much easier. A decent dealer can diagnoss these trucks for not that much. Unless its really complex..
Yea , that makes sense and what did you pay after it was diagnosed to fix it? Seriously, you could have just bought the 8 NEW OEM COP's w/boots and a 1 year warranty for $85 and you wouldn't have to worry about it for awhile .

With that said, I disagree , it could have been pinned down to a COP problem using the search bar. This problem has been talked about here every other day since I joined anyway.

You may have also learned the importance of ignition integrity. You know what I mean? A healthy system is when all eight are firing the same.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:54 PM
Yea , that makes sense and what did you pay after it was diagnosed to fix it? Seriously, you could have just bought the 8 NEW OEM COP's w/boots and a 1 year warranty for $85 and you wouldn't have to worry about it for awhile .

With that said, I disagree , it could have been pinned down to a COP problem using the search bar. This problem has been talked about here every other day since I joined anyway.

You may have also learned the importance of ignition integrity. You know what I mean? A healthy system is when all eight are firing the same.

Where the heck can you buy eight NEW O.E.M. coils w/boots for 85.00? I want to know so I can get them for my other truck. This isn't that; My E.G.R. parts weigh 10 pounds thing again is it?

Old 12-10-2007, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by TECHDOC
WOW!!! I hope you got it all out. Thats what I meant by "scared of what they don't know". I realize he said he wasn't going to take it to a professional, I simply recomended he doesn't listen to a "rambling idiot", a.k.a. YOU (see above quote), about replacing parts without knowing if it will fix the problem. Do you ask for a heart transplant if you have gas? Well maybee you do, but I don't there are tests to perform to find out if you have a bad ticker. Just because you helped a few people out with some common problems like; coil boots cracking & P.C.V. elbows deteriorating, on these trucks doesn't make you an expert. Now, I have not mentioned anything for him to replace at all, so what the heck are you talking about 9 out of 10 times? I don't know where you dreamed that up. Also, I have many examples of perfectly good coil packs still producing quality spark at well over 200,00 miles, in fact most of the idiots I see out there that do replace them often don't need them. I don't know where you were going for service but I'm sure they are glad you don't go there anymore, how much do think it would cost to properely diagnose any p03xx code? I have yet to see it cost more than 90.00 (except when the owner thought he could fix it himself and masked the original problem) that can take more time. Fortunately many people trust my knowledge and their trucks are running fine with well over 400,000 miles on average. I don't use these forums for help. I use them to find out what idiots, a.k.a. YOU (see above quote), are saying about repairing their own vehicles and show what not to do about diagnosing problems. If Knowledge scares you, don't get angry, use it, learn from it.

Oh Brother

Knowledge don't scare me and look who's babbling. Polishing your own **** here don't mean jack junior .. Spew-it to your groupies wherever they might be. One of those legend in there own mind types who's afraid to learn

Your type don't last long here , your out numbered . There's to many people around here who know what there talking about and at times work together troubleshooting. You could stand to study up on that one because your contributing nothing anyone can use.

Last edited by jbrew; 12-11-2007 at 12:11 AM.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by TECHDOC
Where the heck can you buy eight NEW O.E.M. coils w/boots for 85.00? I want to know so I can get them for my other truck. This isn't that; My E.G.R. parts weigh 10 pounds thing again is it?
Don't forget about the one year warrenty . Step out of your sh^t pile and prepare yourself for a higher learning - use the "search" bar

Old 12-10-2007, 09:18 PM
You Dumb A$$. He's not listening to you , he as much said that politely IMO.

Replacing 10 year old coils is the best tune up you can give these trucks. The ignition systems are crucial in performance and economy. The things you have mentioned , 9 times out of 10 would have produced a MIL . If the OP or anyone else actually listened to your lack of knowledge , they would be digging deep in their pockets possibly for no reason.

He could have a new ignition system and forward O2's installed by himself for what they charge just to stress test it , let alone diagnose why the cylinder history don't compute. You think they don't throw parts at it ?? Are they your Saviour ?? Someone has to be because your bull****s transparent.

This Forums the best compared to taking your truck anywhere to troubleshoot. You cut us down.. You gain more knowledge and know how here reading from past posters who's problems were solved by good people who frequent this sit to help someone out. Your not one of them , so don't pretend to be. - F OFF!

BTW - It's Mode 6 Then Channel 3 - TECHDOC my a$$..

Channel 3? Explain that to me, maybee you are more advanced at this than I thought. Oh and btw jbrew, this is not the place for swearing.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Don't forget about the one year warrenty . Step out of your sh^t pile and prepare yourself for a higher learning - use the "search" bar

You really are an idiot.

Old 12-10-2007, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tumba
Ya know jbrew and the rest of ya!
the longer i'm here the more i understand.
learn alot about trucks too

Damn I only have two Heineken's left

Last edited by jbrew; 12-11-2007 at 12:13 AM.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:45 PM
saaber, sorry about hijacking your thread, if these drunken idiots are who you want advice from, then by all means do what you have to do. But whenever people like me offer any advise they feel threatened and lash out at whatever they wish. I just don't understand why they think they know everything when they don't and won't admit it. Again, sorry.

Quick Reply: 97 f150 4.6 intermittent rough idle when warm