Heads

Old 12-02-2007, 11:03 AM
esf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heads

I finally had a plug eject. I purchased my Expedition new and got the extended warranty but because of my cold air intake the're refusing to cover it. I'm fighting the denied claim because of a few things I'm not going to get into but in the end if I have to pay for it, I'm considering replacing the heads with performance heads. I was looking at the Patriot heads but I'm really not sure what to go with. What else would be needed to make the swap? Basically my mechanical knowledge is limited to stuff that's broken on previous cars that I've owned and heads are not one of those problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-02-2007, 11:07 AM
If you have your old intake system slap it on there and go back and act dumb. CAI?? What are you talking about. LOL

They will have to honor it. LMAO

Old 12-02-2007, 11:22 AM
glc
Received 754 Likes on 700 Posts
Why not just get a timesert?

Old 12-02-2007, 11:34 AM
And, TIMESERTS will eliminate the DEALR (AKA: STEALER!)

Old 12-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

HI!...

MAGNASON MOSS ACT.........

Basically a dealer cannot void your warranty due to a installed after market product or part. They would have to prove said part caused the failure. In your case I highly doubt that your CAI caused your plug to eject.

Old 12-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by Neal
HI!...

MAGNASON MOSS ACT.........

Basically a dealer cannot void your warranty due to a installed after market product or part. They would have to prove said part caused the failure. In your case I highly doubt that your CAI caused your plug to eject.
Listen to NEAL!!! He knows his shiznit!

I would kick and scream before the dealer(AKA: STEALER) let me out of the shop without doing what I needed done!

Don't back up man!!!!!

Old 12-02-2007, 01:35 PM
esf
The dealer is backing me up in my fight. The warranty company, VEhicle Protection Plus, is denying the claim. I'm not finished fighting yet. I'm just keeping my options open. Timeserts are another option. I'm looking into everything I can right now. Also the the warranty company is supposed to supply me with a rental car. Ford told me it would take a week to fix and VPP told said the book time is a "this many" hours so they would only give me a rental car for 3 days. That was before they denied it.

I do really appreciate all of the info already and any more you have which will help me fight the case.

Old 12-02-2007, 01:54 PM
glc
I don't think the Magnuson-Moss act applies to 3rd party aftermarket extended warranties.

Old 12-02-2007, 02:03 PM
esf
The warranty was bought through Ford at the time of the purchase of the vehicle but the warranty is with Vehicle Protection Plus. They claim that on page 18 of the contract it states that no modifications can be made to the vehicle. I don't have a contract of that sort with them. I kept everything involved in the transaction the day of purchase and there is no contract with 18 pages or more as they claim. Ford doesn't have a copy and neither do I. VPP neverreturns phone calls to me or Ford. I'm interested to see if they have a copy of this contract with my signiture on it. My Expedition has been sitting at the dealer since the day before thanksgiving when the plug ejected. I'm very frustrated with the entire situation.

Old 12-02-2007, 02:07 PM
esf
Also, the dealer wants to replace the head completely to keep the warranty (for whatever thats worth at this point) in effect for future problems. VPP wants to fix the head which in turn won't be covered later by the warranty. Ford stuck by their guns and insisted the head be replaced so VPP said that instead of a brand new head they wanted to find a remanufactured head cheaper. Then the turned around and just denied the claim. I'm assuming they couldn't find a cheap enough head to satisfy them.

Old 12-02-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by esf
The warranty was bought through Ford at the time of the purchase of the vehicle but the warranty is with Vehicle Protection Plus. They claim that on page 18 of the contract it states that no modifications can be made to the vehicle. I don't have a contract of that sort with them. I kept everything involved in the transaction the day of purchase and there is no contract with 18 pages or more as they claim. Ford doesn't have a copy and neither do I. VPP neverreturns phone calls to me or Ford. I'm interested to see if they have a copy of this contract with my signiture on it. My Expedition has been sitting at the dealer since the day before thanksgiving when the plug ejected. I'm very frustrated with the entire situation.
I still say if the MODS ( CAI is the proble with the warranty), put you old junk on there and act stupid or go to a junk yard and get the old junk for 30 bucks and act stupid. They can't fight it unless they have pics in court. Hell, Ill be a long distance sworn in court witness. I don't know what they are talking about!!!!

Old 12-02-2007, 03:35 PM
glc
You may have bought the warranty through Ford, but it's not a Ford FACTORY warranty. Your dealer simply acted as an agent for this 3rd party warranty company and it is not factory sanctioned.

If anything, the dealer is the one who should be eating this because they sold you a **** warranty without a full disclosure. Might want to suggest to their finance shyster that he find a different warranty company to do business with.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:38 PM
esf
Well, we told Ford that one way or another my truck is getting fixed and either VPP or Ford is going to be paying for it. That was where we stood on Friday. Monday is a new day.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Heads