Long Crank !!!!!!!!!! Help !!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 01:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Spicoli
Ok, I have read all the other posts, but no help...I have a 2004 EB 4.6 Expy with about 86,000 miles. All of a sudden I tried to start it one day and it didn't start the first try as it usually did, and it has been doing it for over 2 months...When I turn the key and crank for 2-3 seconds it dosen't start, I let off, then crank again for about 2 seconds and it starts (although it sometimes runs rough for about 2-3 seconds after it is started, then it smooths out and runs fine)...The first thing I did was change the fuel filter, didn't help...I checked the air filter (like new). I changed the spark plugs, didn't help. The battery checks good and cranks strong. It runs excellent even at full throttle and idles great(except where previously noted). It doesn't blow any smoke out the exhaust when it does finally start up. I tried turning the key to just before the starting position and let it set there for 3-5 seconds before cranking, but that does nothing to help. I have tried different brands and octanes of gas, and have ran fuel injection cleaner through it twice. I really do not want to take it to the dealer, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks...P.S. once in a while it will just start the first try, but probably only once in 35-45 starts.
Was there ever a resolution to your problem?

Last edited by Kardiak; 12-22-2007 at 01:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Long Crank !!!!!!!!!! Help !!!!!!