Why E-fans?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 10:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why E-fans?

How do installing these fans increase horsepower? Sorry for asking this dumb question! Ron

Old 03-27-2007, 11:06 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by sniknah
How do installing these fans increase horsepower? Sorry for asking this dumb question! Ron
Hi - excerpt from TP's web site:

"Power gains from this kit run anywhere from a low of 14 HP to as much as 19 HP at the rear wheels, and throttle response is improved *everywhere* - at any speed, throttle position or rpm, thanks to completely eliminating the parasitic loss from the heavy factory mechanical fan & clutch assembly. And since the engine is no longer having to turn that heavy mass of the factory mechanical fan, there are usually some nice mpg improvements as well - a "win-win" type of modification! MPG gain reports range anywhere from a low of about 1.0 mpg to as much as 2.5 more mpg in the 2004 & up F-150 5.4 3V vehicles (your results will vary based on how the vehicle is operated & maintained, the terrain, fuel quality, etc.).."

Complete text: http://www.troyerperformance.com/cgi...no=PPI-EFK1604

Cheers
Bubba

Old 03-27-2007, 12:05 PM
What about A/C? There is a small mention in the Troyer article but does it really help alot? Here in NC the summers are HOT and my a/c is just ok, it sure could be better.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:29 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by InstantGrits
What about A/C? There is a small mention in the Troyer article but does it really help alot? Here in NC the summers are HOT and my a/c is just ok, it sure could be better.
Oh, yeah - huge improvement there, especially if your cooling is marginal in stop & go on hot humid days (and you don't have low refrigerant issues or some other problem).

Old 03-27-2007, 04:52 PM
With 2 16" you get more cfm than you do with one crank mounted fan from Ford. I've had mine for 4 years now and love them. I do a lot of stop and go in Southern California and plenty of desert action in the summer, usually behind another truck sucking in his dust. My temp gage never budges and my a/c is as cold as ice in traffic at 120F.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:13 PM
I was actually looking into getting some for myself here before the summer because it also gets hot in Las Vegas. Oh Brian42 how do you like your JBA Headers and how long have you had them for??

Quick Reply: Why E-fans?