error code P1538 resolved

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 08:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
error code P1538 resolved

My check engine light came On with an error code P1538 this is for the Intake manifold runner controle. When I first looked in my handy repair book I realized this would be a big job. the first thing I did before digging into the motor was called my local ford parts dealer and told him the coad I was getting and wanted to know the cost of a new Runner controle. he explained that It was probly just the clip that conects to the actuater bar and that I should pull the Intake plentum first just to see. So I did after 2 hours of tearing everything apart shurenuff all it was is a little clip no bigger than an eraser on a pencile. that cost $8 to replace the trouble is why did they make it so cheap and so hard to get at. a metal bushing would hold up much better. for the job that it does. If I wasent able to do the repairs my self it would have cost $500.00 or more to replace. Anyway its not a real hard job just time consuming if anyone has a simalar problem and can use a torque wrench. It will take about 4 hours to complete.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How did you remove the clip? I cant see it.

Quick Reply: error code P1538 resolved