F150 Police interceptor

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F150 Police interceptor

Has anyone heard of this option and if so what are the options, my buddy at work has a 1998 with this badging on the tailgate.
.F150
Police interceptor

Old 03-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fake... never made such a thing

Old 03-13-2007, 06:35 PM
You can get the entire package for your truck for $11.95. This is probably exactly how your buddy bought his Police Interceptor package.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-...spagenameZWDVW

Old 03-13-2007, 06:39 PM
The F150and police interceptor are a solid 1 piece e
badge on the tailgate

Old 03-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
REPEATING!

Originally Posted by built54
fake... never made such a thing
What's so hard to understand about that?

Steve

Old 03-13-2007, 08:43 PM
I don't know if they are called an intercepter but here at the Windsor\Detroit border there was a Black Windsor"police package "F 150 that crused the 401/Huron Church corridor looking to bust any of the 22000 vehicles going to and from the US/CA border daily.I know it was a police package as it was used as a getaway vehicle by one of our police officers in a patio furniture heighst.No kidding there was a write up in the Windsor Star about two years ago.
I have seen it chase down cars and it did move pretty good.I was all blacked out including lights and windows with cherries mounted on the rollbar.One of the nicest truck i"ve seen.
Sadly it has been removed from duty because of its part in criminal activity.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by matt_97xl
I don't know if they are called an intercepter but here at the Windsor\Detroit border there was a Black Windsor"police package "F 150 that crused the 401/Huron Church corridor looking to bust any of the 22000 vehicles going to and from the US/CA border daily.I know it was a police package as it was used as a getaway vehicle by one of our police officers in a patio furniture heighst.No kidding there was a write up in the Windsor Star about two years ago.
I have seen it chase down cars and it did move pretty good.I was all blacked out including lights and windows with cherries mounted on the rollbar.One of the nicest truck i"ve seen.
Sadly it has been removed from duty because of its part in criminal activity.
absoloutely correct.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:58 PM
Can anyone get photos of that truck?

Old 03-13-2007, 11:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

HI!... Theres a black and dark blue F-150 police trucks here in WINDSOR. Both are still active. See them almost every morning on HURON LINE when leaving our shop to go to jobsites. They are just regular F-150's off the dealers lot. They then go in to that place on JANET/WYNNDOTTE (can't think of the name right now) to have police specific equippment added. Nothing special. Not fast at all. We also have a black CHEVY SS police truck as well.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:51 AM
I think pretty much any law enforcement agency can get most types of vehicles with some sort of police package in them. However the extent of that package will vary greatly from vehicle model to vehicle model on what can be done.

I know in Iowa the State Patrol purchased 14 Dodge Chargers to try out as a possible replacement to the Crown Vics. Also I have seen Sheriff departments with the Chevy Yukon out and about on the road (mostly as K-9 units).

Last edited by Ash575; 03-14-2007 at 09:53 AM.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by Neal
HI!... Theres a black and dark blue F-150 police trucks here in WINDSOR. Both are still active. See them almost every morning on HURON LINE when leaving our shop to go to jobsites. They are just regular F-150's off the dealers lot. They then go in to that place on JANET/WYNNDOTTE (can't think of the name right now) to have police specific equippment added. Nothing special. Not fast at all. We also have a black CHEVY SS police truck as well.
Ya, alot of dummies around think I'm the blue one, funny as hell too! The black Silverado is quick from what I understand, actual Corvette engine plus under that thing. He hangs at Lauzon and Edgar in the church parking lot, I normally do 65 past him and he doesn't budge, once I was doin' like 70-75 and thaught my day was made, nope! Good kid in my opinion, knock on wood! The one I like Neal is the 600 hp (from what I've heard) Maurader, beware!!!

Old 03-14-2007, 12:11 PM
Weird that this thread came along....

Two weeks ago here Miami the State troopers were lining up on the side of I-75 and SR 836 catching everyone. Literally about 20-30 cars sitting and pulling people over for some huge speed bust thing they had on the news. I have cops in my family so i always loved their cars so i starred at a few Camaros, some old 5.0's that i thought they stopped using, Mauraders, Vic's, Expeditions, Impala's and some Vettes. We even have that wierd *** Chevy SUV (the little one that looks like a milk truck).

Old 03-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Ash575
I think pretty much any law enforcement agency can get most types of vehicles with some sort of police package in them.
No, actually VERY few vehicles are sold with any type of "police package". Not only is it expensive for the factory to produce low-volume vehicle packages (so they're not offered on many models), most vehicle warranties specifically EXclude any type of commercial or fleet use. So buying a regular-production vehicle & modifying it for police use voids the powertrain warranty immediately. That's why real "police package" vehicles exist - they're built & warranted for that use. Do a little surfing around FleetFord & you'll see how few models & packages are offered for fleet use.

Another thing to note is that the real police package is VERY expensive (as I mentioned above), so NOT ALL real police vehicles are purchased with the real police package. Some departments figure it's cheaper to buy a regular production vehicle & lose the warranty than to buy the police package.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:54 PM
My local Sheriff's department has crown vics, tahoes, vettes, chargers, suburbans, etc. So you never know what they're riding in! The sheriff himself has a chrome rimmed, super charged, crown vic!

Old 03-14-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by Steve83
No, actually VERY few vehicles are sold with any type of "police package". Not only is it expensive for the factory to produce low-volume vehicle packages (so they're not offered on many models), most vehicle warranties specifically EXclude any type of commercial or fleet use. So buying a regular-production vehicle & modifying it for police use voids the powertrain warranty immediately. That's why real "police package" vehicles exist - they're built & warranted for that use. Do a little surfing around FleetFord & you'll see how few models & packages are offered for fleet use.

Another thing to note is that the real police package is VERY expensive (as I mentioned above), so NOT ALL real police vehicles are purchased with the real police package. Some departments figure it's cheaper to buy a regular production vehicle & lose the warranty than to buy the police package.
Well the term "police package" means different things to different people. A police package can be as little as adding a radio(s) for communications or a light bar on the roof of the vehicle or modify the back seat to secure someone. Little of which should void a car's warranty.

When they begin to modify engine, suspension, drive train and such then it moves more into a "police interdiction package". Some agencies distinguish between the two packages when ordering a vehicle.

I agree with you about saying not all vehicles sold are designed to have these packages. Also if you included the second sentence of my quote: "However the extent of that package will vary greatly from vehicle model to vehicle model on what can be done" you would have seen that. Sorry I didnt make that point a little more clear.

Last edited by Ash575; 03-14-2007 at 02:22 PM.

Quick Reply: F150 Police interceptor