Coil Pack bolt help

Old 02-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Coil Pack bolt help

Thank you for all the feed back. I have gotten to the point that I like to do everything I can my self. The whole $80 for a computer diagnostic at the dealership just really p$%^s me off. Thank god for Auto Zone (free scan) and you all.

A-little story real quick. Several months ago I moved from ALBQ. NM to Citronelle AL. (just NW of Mobile). From 0% humidity to 80%+. I started getting the "trailering affect" on my 99 150 and then the engine check light. Went to AZ had them scan "low flow EGR" checked EGR worked fine. Then I found this forum and did some research and discovered the DPFE sensor. So I fiqured even if I had to replace the EGR, DPFE, and all rubber I would be under the dealership diagnostic price. I then figured 50/50 on the DPFE. Found on e-bay prand new (plastic) not aluminum. $27, dealer $109. I tore mine off and immediatley knew it was bad (looked int he ports and saw corrosion, hummid enviroment, short trips not burning all condensation, shorted curcuit board) found this info in another post. So fixed the truck for $30 Vs. $200+ at the dealer. Long of it, alittle research and a few questions saved me several $$$.

There is enough information and excellant feed back here that I feel a person like me is able to fix jsut about anything. Again thank you all very much.

Old 02-25-2007, 06:41 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Your right about that Mike , it's cheaper and you can fix it RIGHT here..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Coil Pack bolt help