tb,iac and egr port cleaning results

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 11:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tb,iac and egr port cleaning results

removed my tb yesterday to do a good cleaning. i used deep creep, crc tb cleaner and break loose clp gun cleaner which recoats to avoid carbon to stick to the tb. i also bought an all gauge gun cleaning kit. 410 worked great for the egr ports and i used 12 & 20 for the port on the outside of the tb. after many of hours making this thing look brand new i hooked it back up. wow, big diff in my idle and my response, feels like new. this was my first time doing this at only 73k miles and i would suggest that everyone does this.

Old 02-24-2007, 11:35 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by iziris
removed my tb yesterday to do a good cleaning. i used deep creep, crc tb cleaner and break loose clp gun cleaner which recoats to avoid carbon to stick to the tb. i also bought an all gauge gun cleaning kit. 410 worked great for the egr ports and i used 12 & 20 for the port on the outside of the tb. after many of hours making this thing look brand new i hooked it back up. wow, big diff in my idle and my response, feels like new. this was my first time doing this at only 73k miles and i would suggest that everyone does this.
We all do , you were the only one who hasn't

Old 02-24-2007, 11:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jbrew
We all do , you were the only one who hasn't
well i do now!

Old 02-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
LOL , yeah it makes a big difference all around when it's clean. If you polish it with a wheel and a little bit of red rouge then jewlers polish from a clay bar it will really shine. Once you get all that anti-sludge crap off it that is..

If you have an after market intake with the flow threw pipe before the MAF it will jump off the starting line lol.

Quick Reply: tb,iac and egr port cleaning results