pulling oil pan
this is from fords service manual it is very easy to do this to see if connecting rods are trashed.
1. remove air cleaner and duct
2. remove the four bolts on the throttle body (I believe 7mm bolts)
3. remove bolts for radiator shroud
4. remove altenator
5. remove engine mount bolts
6. lift motor up with a chain hooked in two the 2 altenator bolt hole
( if you dont have a cherry picker you can use your garage trusses if they are well supported. you are not lifting alot of weight you are just piviting it on the trans mount)
7. remove pan
8. see what you have down there
****dont try it with out lift the motor you will just be wasting your time****
If it was me and I thought it was hydro locked I would pull the plugs and crank it over if it cranks then you know it was hyrdo locked. You may get lucky and just have to change head gaskets. Pull #6 for sure since you had that code for it.
If you keep cranking it you may bend a rod if its hydro locked
Last edited by hochus; 02-20-2007 at 10:49 PM.