Codes? Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Codes? Help

Well, Truck started stumbling very slightly when in a lower RPM and you step on the gas. I replaced the fuel filter and spark plugs. Now (immidiately after changing the plugs) it shutters like crazy and threw some codes at me.

P0316- misfire first 1000 revs
P0300- random of multiple misfire
P0306- cylinder 6 misfire
P0304- cylinder 4 misfire

After doing some searching, I have came to the conclusion that the coil packs are bad? I checked all connections and pulled the packs off and put them back on. Nothing, still shutters. Am I on the right track? Where is the best place to buy the packs for a decent price? Are the ones on ebay any good? Help me please!!!

Old 02-19-2007, 10:12 PM
i had a similar issue but without the actual misfire i bought a used 97 f150 scab and the guy put new plugs and plug wires on it and my check engine light came on and i plugged a computer into it and it said i had a cylinder #8 misfire so i took it to my mechanic and they took the plug out and the plug wire off put it back on and it was fine. but on my parents truck my dad had the dealer change the plugs and he got it back and it was misfiring like crazy. he took it back and the soon found out that they messed up the coil packs on a couple wires. they fixed them and it was fine so i think you are going in the right direction.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:18 PM
So, I guess I am also asking, Can the COP's go bad just like that? Instantly?

Old 02-19-2007, 10:30 PM
i am not 100% sure but from my knowledge yes the can

Old 02-19-2007, 11:30 PM
You got 2 bad COP's, just had the same thing fixed last friday after a plug change in January.

Good luck-make sure the 2 plugs are changed also, when the COP's short out they burn the plugs also.

Quick Reply: Codes? Help