2005 PCV location

Old 02-17-2007, 10:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 PCV location

Working on a problem with oil being sucked into the supercharger. Problem is where is the PCV located? I have a pressed-in-cover fitting on the DS cam cover and the black fitting that was located in the intake. Neither appear to have any inner workings (just fittings). Anyone got the manual?
Thanks!

Old 02-18-2007, 10:07 AM
bump

Old 02-18-2007, 02:46 PM
There isn't a PCV, it's just a restrictor under the pressed in fitting on DS valve cover.
One place to look for a problem is the hose on the PS valve cover. I saw one that was partially plugged and caused the crank case to go under a bit of vacuum. This restriction was due to excess flashing when the fitting was pressed on the plastic tube

Old 02-18-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by ohboy44
There isn't a PCV, it's just a restrictor under the pressed in fitting on DS valve cover.
One place to look for a problem is the hose on the PS valve cover. I saw one that was partially plugged and caused the crank case to go under a bit of vacuum. This restriction was due to excess flashing when the fitting was pressed on the plastic tube
Thanks, I didn't think that there was one. I've just installed a home made catch can/air/oil seperator. I'll see if that will work. I'll check the PS fitting too. No oil from that one. Could it be that I have too much vaccume on the base due to that being pludded up? The stock intake had oil in it when I supercharged at 8.000 miles. I was suprised that there was blowby N/A at that mileage. No smoke or significant oil consumption. Maybe a half pint in 3,500 miles.

Old 02-18-2007, 08:53 PM
The stock intakes are known to have oil accumulate in them, nothing wrong there.
The truck I had with the bad PS side hose I found kind of by accident. With the engine running it was hard to get the oil fill cap off and when it came off I could hear the vacuum escape.
That hose is where the PCV system sucks clean air in so you shouldn't see any oil there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2005 PCV location