2001 F-150 Wont Start

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 06:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 F-150 Wont Start

How many times have you seen that title to a thread.

I am baffled. I had been using my truck all day today, worked great, I had it in 4 wheel low when i parked it. when back out and now it wont start. tried to jumped it and nothing, all electrical was fine before that as well, I turn the key and nothing, does not try to turn over... I tried to move the truck because it is in the way of another car and i cant budge it... any ideas?

Old 02-14-2007, 08:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
First check your battery cables for corrosion and connection.Second, I would try another key. If those don't do anything take the battery to the parts store to make sure it didn't die.

Old 02-14-2007, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by torkum
First check your battery cables for corrosion and connection.Second, I would try another key. If those don't do anything take the battery to the parts store to make sure it didn't die.

well if all your electrial equiptment dosnt work i would say it could be your alt/ battery if it does work and your truck just wont turn over and start it could be your starter.

Old 02-14-2007, 09:14 PM
Check your fuses

Turn the key on and take a screwdriver and touch the 2 terminals on the starter soleniod and see if it cranks. Just make sure it's in park

Old 02-14-2007, 09:23 PM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Here is basicly what you have in the circuit.
From ignition switch, thru a fuse, thru starter interrupt relay contacts, to the transmission range selector to the starter relay.
The interrupt relay is operated by the anti theft module.
With the truck left in 4L, I don't know what other possibility might exist except the start circuit is interrupted for some reason.
I think you have to step on the brake to make the 4L disengage as you do when engaging it.
Good luck.

Quick Reply: 2001 F-150 Wont Start