thermostat problem?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 11:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thermostat problem?

If my thermostat was defective and was staying open would this possibly be the cause of my truck taking a very long time to warm up. I changed the antifreeze first last weekend and this didn't help. I didn't have enough time to flush the system or change the thermostat. The heat is warm-hot after my truck gets to temp. Also my heat only works on high is this the switch or possible something else. This is a 98 f150 4.6. Thanks

Old 02-13-2007, 11:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scooterx
If my thermostat was defective and was staying open would this possibly be the cause of my truck taking a very long time to warm up. I changed the antifreeze first last weekend and this didn't help. I didn't have enough time to flush the system or change the thermostat. The heat is warm-hot after my truck gets to temp. Also my heat only works on high is this the switch or possible something else. This is a 98 f150 4.6. Thanks

sounds like a thermostat- remove it-check it in hot water for proper function. you will need a good thermeometer. replace if defective.after taking care of the basics -check heater operation.

Old 02-14-2007, 08:00 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
You most likely have a bad thermos tat. Just replace it.

Also, your blower motor resistor pack is bad. Replace it also.

Steve

Quick Reply: thermostat problem?