air fuel gauge install

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
air fuel gauge install

hey guys i have a 2003 boss f150. where do i hook up my air fuel gauge, because i had it hooked up to the black wire on my 02 sensor but my truck ran bad. is there anywhere else to hook it up to

Old 02-12-2007, 12:07 PM
an A/F gauge absolutely needs O2 sensor input, so if slaving off an existing one is a problem you can get another o2 sensor that you just drill and install in addition to the factory 4.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/MTS.php

Old 02-12-2007, 01:32 PM
is there a way i can intall the wire for the gauge right after the computer somewhere that runs down to the 02 sensor

Old 02-12-2007, 02:59 PM
IMO, you're going to run into the same problem regardless of where on the harness you tap into the o2 sensor. The o2 sensor is a low voltage signal, and by tapping into it, you are giving an alternate route for the electricity to go. this is going to affect the signal the computer reads. I really think that an independent o2 sensor, or sensors is needed. On that site I linked to, it has a lot of information explaining how the system works. You would have to have mulitple sensors if you want to know how the whole engine mixture is, since just one sensor only gives you one bank, or 4 cylinders.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

HI!... Sounds like you are trying to install a NARROW band A/F gauge. If you are, don't bother they are junk and totally useless. Get yourself a WIDEBAND A/F gauge like one from INNOVATE MOTORSPORTS. It comes with it's own WIDEBAND O2 sensor. 100 times more accurate and won't be going crazy like the NARROW band gauges do.

Quick Reply: air fuel gauge install