Engine swap with explorer

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine swap with explorer

First off hello, I am new to Ford trucks but I have a little over 20 Ford cars under my belt so Im not a noob to Fords.

Well long story short I was called by a friend of mine and was asked some questions about his '97 f-150. He says that the engine oil was filling with anti-freeze, someone swapped out the head and intake gaskets, and it is still filling up with water and pretty fast. I had an issue with the 4.6 and the water crossover tube in the engine valley leaking. I was told there is a freeze plug behind the timing chain cover that leaks too, is that true? Is there something related to this that is common to the F-150's with this.

My other question is this guy bought a '03 explorer 4.6 for a good price and wants to put it in. They have both engines out on the ground and said the explorers engine is physically the same motor mounts and all. But the intake is different, now I know the PI headed 4.6 has a different intake but is there a way we can get a newer f-150 intake on this thing and be able to swap the explorer long block into the truck? It would be nice cus this engine has only 30,000 miles and is rated at almost 300Hp

I searched around on google and couldnt really find anything so any help would be really appreicated.

Thanks

One of these days Ill be in an F-150 but Im starting out small

Quick Reply: Engine swap with explorer