Help My Truck Is Shaking

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help My Truck Is Shaking

well theres a problem with my truck its shaking really bad at first i thought it was the tires. i replaced them today and it is still doing it. i take it up to 45 50mph and the whole thing starts to shake... my check engine light didnt come on either that was the first thing i looked for... does anyone have any ideas?

Old 02-02-2007, 08:22 PM
possibly the drive shaft

Old 02-02-2007, 08:59 PM
I dont think it would be the drive shaft... but im wondering if its possible its a injector problem because it only happens when the truck is cold

Old 02-03-2007, 12:17 AM
Lightbulb Vibration Issues

Hello. I have several questions for you. First does the vibration change if the truck is put into neutral while the problem is occuring? Does the vibration change dependant on engine load? Does the vibration clean out "go away" after a certain speed? Anything that would cause a engine related vibration would more than likely flag a code? Also with the age of the truck I doubt that anything is wrong with sensors etc. " It's a Ford you know". When did the issue start? Unfortunately new tires can ride crappy too. What brand tires did you purchase? I have worked for a loooong time with tires with a company that is at the forefront of work processes. My suggestion is if you treat the truck really rough maybe it's u-joints. Put the truck on jack stands with trans in nuetral(on level ground of course)and see if there is any slap at the yoke connection. The best way to evaluate the tires is to use a road force variation gps balancer that can read harmonics and run-out. Most higher end shops and high volumn dealers have the means for diagnosis. I don't know what state you are in but Discount Tire and America's Tire in Cali. have the equipment. From some manufacturers of tires I would see what I would call an overabundance of mold defective/and heavy/out of round tires. If you have tires that are oor it can make the truck feel like it is going to come apart. Vibration diagnostics is something that should be provided free of charge at the place of business you chose.(provided they have the equipment). What you want to ask for is not just having them rebalanced or just turned on the wheels and rebalanced,but RoadForce/Ridematch balance. Also ask to see before and after numbers as when a tire is mounted and balanced the "regular" way one is at best guessing as to what is the best possition to mount the tire with reference to the valve.

Well I hope that helps.. Wheh that was a lot of typing.

Grape

Old 02-03-2007, 12:27 AM
Jeese I forgot something...

These days because people want their cake and eat it too the tire manufacturers have to make tires that can fill many needs. For instance wanting BFG Mudd's but I also like to run down the highway at high speeds. Or the tires for a Lightning. The tires have more nylon in them to handle heat as nylon does this well. When nylon is cold is very stiff. Ever driven a Jaguar? They call it the "English Feel" which is french for rides like poo. Oem on Jag and Ferrari is Pirelli. Awesome handling, crappy ride when cold. Another possibility. If the gps balancing doesn't turn up anything and no codes from ecm then try a different brand. Any reputable tire dealer will take them off. I sure would.

Grape

Old 02-03-2007, 12:50 AM
i just bought a cheap tire because i dont know if im keeping the truck much longer i may go with something newer but its not the tire it actually rides smooth but its s fusion a/t but i think it might be either a e brake cable... or bad injector or the torque converter but ive took it home each time this started because i didnt want to tear the truck up next time im going to see if it stops at a faster speed and so on but it usually starts at about 60

Quick Reply: Help My Truck Is Shaking