Location of fuel filter relief valve

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 12:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Location of fuel filter relief valve

Where is the fuel pressure relief valve? It is supposed to be on the passenger side fuel rail, but I cannot locate it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Old 01-26-2007, 12:51 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
I can't recall, but if you are getting ready to change your filter, i have never messed with the valve and have never had fuel run out. Just a little in the line where it disconnects. There is some switch that is down on the passenger kick panel beside the control box. That may be where it is.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:15 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by cskrmetti
Where is the fuel pressure relief valve? It is supposed to be on the passenger side fuel rail, but I cannot locate it. Can someone point me in the right direction?
On the 05 , the shrader valve is on the drivers side of the fuel rail..

Old 01-26-2007, 09:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys. My truck sat overnight so I decided to pull the fuel filter without depressurizing. I didn't have any problems. I've had my truck for about 13 months now. Even though I only about to turn over 20,000 miles I decided to change my fuel filter and air filter as well. Ford recommends only changing those every 30,000. There were no large sediments in the fuel filter but there was a lot of brown stuff that came out of it. The air filter could have gone a little further but I figured what the heck. I also changed the oil out with 7 quarts of fresh MC 5w20 and a new MC filter. I used a WIX fuel filter and a FRAM air filter. For some reason the WIX air filter for my truck was $27 at Oreilly Auto, so I opted for the FRAM air filter at $10. I didn't think it would make an impact on the air as much as it would in other areas like oil or fuel.

Quick Reply: Location of fuel filter relief valve