Oil Leak??

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 09:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oil Leak??

OK, So when I was new to this site I just posted a question with out searching for my answer first and I felt stupid after I went back and looked to see how many people had the same problem I did. But I did search before this time so If someone has already had this problem then sorry, but I tried to look first...haha .

Ok. I have an oil leak up underneath my truck coming off one of the lines. Im not that 'engine savy' so I dont know what lines they are. I was under there today and noticed it. Here are two pictures of where its coming from. It doesnt leave a mess on the cement because it runs down the left side my front suspension.

The first picture is the area I think the leak is coming from.

The second picture has the steering rods and the front transmission or transfer case (or what ever its called) in it just to give you some idea as where all this is taking place.

Any Ideas or Has anyone had this problem. Its enough to have to put a quart of oil in after only 2500 miles since my last oil change. Either this is the problem or my truck eats alot of oil Ok, well any suggestions or ideas are helpful. Thanks!

Old 01-25-2007, 10:28 PM
Suspended
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very common issue. The lines on my truck leak oil along with my head gaskets, you might want to check those too, not much you can do though. I think the lines them selves are $140 from Ford.

Old 01-26-2007, 02:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I can either replace the lines or do nothing? Thats alot of money and a tough time for just a small leak but if its the only way then I guess so...

Old 01-26-2007, 03:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
replace those lines asap. i have a 97 as well and a line blew out on me getting on the highway. i lost about 4 quarts in about 5 seconds. lucky i didnt lose the whole engine.

Quick Reply: Oil Leak??