2,000 to repair HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 09:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2,000 to repair HELP!!!!!!!!!!

I have 97 f150 stepside with the 5.4 It has been miss fireing on the number 2cylnder so i took it to a dealer to have it checked out they said i needed the fuel rails on the right side and inectors, also a speed sensor, something about the air bags the light is on and its 320 to fix that at the dealer. a sensor on the egr that i myself replaced a month ago so i wouldnt think was bad they also said my rear brakes needed ajusting and all the fluids changed is that a rip off 2,000 total

Old 01-22-2007, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Justin97
I have 97 f150 stepside with the 5.4 It has been miss fireing on the number 2cylnder so i took it to a dealer to have it checked out they said i needed the fuel rails on the right side and inectors, also a speed sensor, something about the air bags the light is on and its 320 to fix that at the dealer. a sensor on the egr that i myself replaced a month ago so i wouldnt think was bad they also said my rear brakes needed ajusting and all the fluids changed is that a rip off 2,000 total
Adjust the rear brakes yourself. Go to autozone and let them read your codes. That will tell you what is wrong, and may lead you towards fixing it yourself. As for the airbag, you might have to let the dealer do that.

Old 01-22-2007, 09:56 PM
They did there computer is not showing nothing but the miss fire and and a egr leak its not showing nothing else and it wont tell me what exactly is wrong

Old 01-22-2007, 10:06 PM
Well, start off by taking a deep breath......sounds like you are a little disturbed by what happened but if you take it one step at a time, the people here can help you.
like chester said go to a/z and have them read the codes, that will get you a general starting place. but remember, a code is only set when the computer determines something is amiss in the monitored system. i.e., if it says cylinder two misfire, it could be a plug, wire, water in the plug hole. if it says lean mixture somewhere, you would look for a vacuum leak. but the same vacuum leak can cause a misfire, but it will not say in the computer "vacuum leak on such-and-such hose is causing misfire on #2 cylinder. If you replaced the dpfe sensor next to the egr valve, you need to check that your hoses are not blocked. the dpfe can be grey but will be black if it has been changed as the grey ones were junk. did the dealer say why change the speed sensor? the air bag ligght can be checked at places other than the dealer, call around

Quick Reply: 2,000 to repair HELP!!!!!!!!!!