Fuel line question

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 06:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel line question

I have a '95 f150 5.8 4x4 non-cali. emmisions. The factory fuel line has a flat round object on the solid chrome portion of the what I think is the feed. It looks like some type of regulator. It's integral with the line. I don't have it in front of me and can't recall which line. Anyway I have a better set of used lines that I want to use from a 5.0 that doesn't have this part on the line. I recently went to the junkyard and could not find another year in an configuration that has this device. Can anyone identify this thing for me. Can I replace it with the 5.0 lines that are otherwise identical? Any advice is appreciated.
One more. How long should my fuel system hold pressure. Before I pulled my motor, I tried to release the pressure through the valve. No spray, not a drip, nothing. That was after the truck sat for a little more than a week. As far as I can tell I have no fuel system leaks. Should I have had pressure?

P.S. I'm changing the lines because I absentmindedly stretch the originals when raising the motor to change the oil pan. I don't really know if they're damaged, but it didn't look good.

Old 01-21-2007, 08:06 PM
pressure would bleed off long before a week with a perfectly good system. can't help you with the rest though, sorry.

Old 01-21-2007, 10:36 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think the difference in deck height between 5.0Ls & 5.8Ls means the fuel rails (that sit on the injectors) are different. That's where the FPR is, but there are at least 2 designs.

If you're talking about the garter spring connectors on the actual fuel lines (that run down to the frame), those should be the same for all V8s.

If you mean the check valve further down on the fuel line, it's not that important either way. I think it's just there to make cold starting a little easier.

Old 01-22-2007, 11:49 AM
It's not the regulator. It's molded with the last solid piece of hard line that is clamped to the last mount(closest to the motor) on the frame. It looks like a disc and the line goes through it.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:07 PM
Like View C?

Old 01-22-2007, 01:23 PM
"Check valve", that's the word(s) I was looking for. It just escaped me for some reason. That's exactly what I was talking about. On your previous reply with the blue tinted picture of the rear of the motor. I was refering to the check valve on the right fuel line. I can't find another truck with a fuel line that has a check valve, regardless of the motor and that's what confused me. My shop manuals don't even show the line with the valve for an series. So anyway, what you're saying is, I can use the non-check valve lines without a problem?
Thanks a ton, Joe

Old 01-22-2007, 05:44 PM
Obviously, all the trucks you're finding without that ran fine for many years, and there's no OTHER difference in your fuel system & any '90-96 that doesn't have that valve.

Old 01-22-2007, 11:16 PM
Again, thanks a ton. Very appreciated.

Quick Reply: Fuel line question