4.2L spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 03:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 4.2L spark plugs

2002 F-150-4.2L- 2wd-Auto. Factory plugs AGSF-34EM. Owners manual calls for AGSF-34EE plugs. What is the difference between EM, FM, EE, letters?
MotorCraft catalog list 4 selections
AGSF-34FM, 4104, 6104, SP504. Autozone, Napa, Murrys list several plugs.
Double platimum, platimum+, platimum,ect.. Im confused?
Also do i need to buy $$ Motorcraft wires or will a aftermarket do?
I average 17,000 miles a year driving. Thanks for any help, Edal

Last edited by Edal57; 01-20-2007 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Add on
Old 01-20-2007, 05:48 PM
id go with aftermarket wires. my rule is never replace anything with OE components. shop around, the aftermarket pretty much always has something better.

as far as plugs go, sorry, can't help you there.

Old 01-20-2007, 11:31 PM
I would go with just regular plugs. i tried putting expensive bosch plat 4 on my truck and it hated them as well as others that i've read on these forums. my experience with aftermarker wires isn't the greatest. I put msd plug wires on my truck and when it would rain i would get a misfire and i was told it was bc the boots don't seal the spark plug hole up as well. So i have to fill the boot up with dielectrical grease every once in a while after a few hard rains. Just stating my experience with the wires...

Old 01-21-2007, 08:47 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Edal57
2002 F-150-4.2L- 2wd-Auto. Factory plugs AGSF-34EM. Owners manual calls for AGSF-34EE plugs. What is the difference between EM, FM, EE, letters?
MotorCraft catalog list 4 selections
AGSF-34FM, 4104, 6104, SP504. Autozone, Napa, Murrys list several plugs.
Double platimum, platimum+, platimum,ect.. Im confused?
Also do i need to buy $$ Motorcraft wires or will a aftermarket do?
I average 17,000 miles a year driving. Thanks for any help, Edal
Look up the correct current Motorcraft replacement plug at www.motorcraft.com

If you use anything other than Motorcraft parts, you better know what you're getting into. If you don't, you'll probably end up wasting more time and money in the long run. Yes, there are aftermarket items out there that are as good as or better than OE stuff, but the typical vehicle owner has neither the time, need, or skills to screw with them.

-FM suffix indicates the new fine-wire Motorcraft plug. The other designations are for stocking packages, ie, 4-packs, 6-packes, etc of the same plug. Ford simplified their stocking program and recommends the finewire plug as a replacement for almost every previous application including those that required either double and single platinums. The -EE and -EM suffixes were for single and double plat plugs, most of which have been superceded.

Make certain you use a generous amount of dielectric grease in each spark plug wire boot. It keeps moisture out and helps cut down on future misfires.

Steve

Old 09-10-2011, 07:54 PM
you guys are good answered my question about the fm suffix after i put it in yahoo search

Quick Reply: 4.2L spark plugs