Cleaned TB

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Cleaned TB

Every time I type TB I think disease.
Okay, so I had the TB cleaned - they took it off and cleaned it, etc - and did some other fuel injection system cleaning whatever bull***** IDK and I changed tranny fluid cuz it needed it. (And they told me I needed rear brakes IDK how true that is).

I filled up with a tank of gas so let's see if I can break the 12MPG barrier!!! I found out today that I was cheated on (found out through admission) so yeah I revved the engine around a little here and there but, by and large, if TB cleaning was worth a damn, it will show at the pump -- or so I really hope!!

Old 01-19-2007, 09:54 PM
I had my fuel injection system cleaned last year and I could definitely tell the difference in throttle response. AS far as gas mileage, I could not really tell.

By the, sorry to hear of the cheating thing. Been through that myself (ex-wife)

Old 01-20-2007, 12:40 AM
ya i noticed a differance too. i did the 3m cleaning to mine at school where u run a can directly to the fuel rail and run the truck off that (shut fuel pump off) noticed a increase in response and gas...

sorry about the cheating been there too... twice with the same girl.... im going back out with her again but for some reason it just aint the same attitude. she is crabby all the time and seems like she just doesnt care so it aint going to last but i kno my truck takes alot of abuse too when i find out crappy news like that. just be safe and hope no cops are around!!! good luck bud

Old 01-20-2007, 04:09 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Fordgirl18
Every time I type TB I think disease.

I found out today that I was cheated on (found out through admission) so yeah I revved the engine around a little here and there but, by and large, if TB cleaning was worth a damn, it will show at the pump -- or so I really hope!!

TB - Is she talking about the "throttle body" or "the boyfreind" ???

Try them both , you tell me...

Last edited by jbrew; 01-20-2007 at 04:39 AM.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:27 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by jbrew
TB - Is she talking about the "throttle body" or "the boyfreind" ???

Try them both , you tell me...
yah

Okay, so I had the the boy friend cleaned - they took it off and cleaned it, etc
Yah J you defenitly gonna pass me in posts soon enough. Allthough im almost 2500 now

And you like meh new sig?

Quick Reply: Cleaned TB