stroker kit and boltons

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stroker kit and boltons

what up guys i need your advice and any info on this please. i took a loan out and i am going to buy a complete engine stroker kit, headers, throttle body, and spacer. anyone one have any ideas on the best stroker kit that just bolt ins without any modification to my engine?.. also its the 5.4L how much hp do you think i will gain from this...thanx guys

Old 01-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your going to stroke your 5.4, and you want a throttle body spacer... worthless. go here http://www.modmaxracing.com/ get a built engine, long tube headers and you will be good to do.

Old 01-14-2007, 03:58 PM
You gonna buy it allready built, or are you gonna just buy the parts and let someone else put it together? I am having a new motor installed by Troyer Performance that he had built by VT Engines. Just a thought if you were going to order a prebuilt motor. Also, are you gonna add a supercharger or turbo? If so, I imagine they would want to know this first.

Old 01-14-2007, 04:09 PM
thanks. do you have a preference or are you not sure. i run a 125 dry shot of nitrous. i sent them guys an email on the best suitable one for my truck without any other modifications to make it work. do you or anyone know about the hp gain i would get.. thanks

Old 01-14-2007, 04:11 PM
i just want to buy all the parts to stroke the motor and have someone i know install it for me.. do you know about how long it takes to do this..id imagine it takes quite a while.. maybe an average price for the install to if anyone knows

Old 01-14-2007, 04:38 PM
If you end up buying the parts, just make sure whoever puts the motor together has had experience with modding these modular motors. They are a complete different animal compared to regular motors like a 302 or 351. I knew that my motor was going to cost me quite a bit of money, so I didn't want to take any chances. That's why I had it professionally built. There is a member here who spent a ton of money on the best parts money could buy for his motor, and unfortunately picked the wrong person to build it and had nothing but problems costing him more and more money. In fact, the reason I had to have a new motor to begin with was because a shop in NC screwed up the other one cause they didn't have a clue what the hell they were doing. I probably wasted 3 or 4 grand screwing with those guys before they closed up shop and left town on me and everyone else that they ripped off.

Old 01-14-2007, 05:29 PM
right, its all in the experience, it could all be done in an hour if he knows what hes doing....

Old 01-15-2007, 03:23 PM
this ? is to Built 5.4. your from missouri right. is there anyone near you that you trust enough to build your motor. im from illinois about 35 minutes from MO is you know anyone or anything let me know... thanx

Old 01-15-2007, 03:32 PM
thanx for the help guys. is there about an average horsepower gain i can look forward to.. also are they complete bolt in kits or do i have to modify my motor

Old 01-15-2007, 08:41 PM
I hope you know this aint gonna be cheap if it's done right. Do you want to add a supercharger or turbo later or keep it NA? Your not gonna see big numbers without one of them IMO. The more research you do, the better off you will be with a project like this. Good luck.

Old 01-15-2007, 11:13 PM
Well I build my own engines, I Have machine shops do the machining though when required... I dont really know anyone to build the whole engine though

Old 01-16-2007, 12:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

HI!... Are you trying to stroke a 5.4L? If so, I wouldn't. The 5.4 already has a huge rod in it with a large stroke. These combined already cause the 5.4 to side load the piston. By stroking the 5.4 you will be rebuilding it more often then you really need to, and for what? Mabey a gain of 20H.P. Not worth it. Just build up a 5.4 and run it. Power is so easy to get out of these engines. My 5.4 make 354RWH.P and 392RWTQ in N/A form and 8.42:1 compression. Add a turbo or a SC'er to a 5.4 and you can easily make 650RWH.P.

Old 01-16-2007, 01:18 AM
Ok....... your going to stroke a 5.4, add a TB, headers and a spacer??? That's kind of like making a nice cake and then throwing up all over it. Just not something ANYBODY would ever want to do. You'd be better off to just burn the truck to the ground and get it over with. If you wanna stroke something, go lock yourself in the bathroom and have at it!!!

The 5.4 has a lot more stroke than you'd like to see in any motor anyway. It is, for all intents and purposes, a stroked 4.6 after all.

Do what other sane people do....... Strap a huffer on it, toss in some forged pistons, and be happy! If you're going for that NA nastiness, spend your money on the top end. Heads, cams, intake, etc. The ONLY ONLY ONLY thing you need to do with that bottom end is make it tougher. Forged pistons, rods, girdle, etc. Don't go f^^king with the geometry though. It's already pretty f^^ked up to start with. The rod ratio already sucks *****. You stroke it and OMFG, just forget it. There are a couple kits out there for it, but man, with a ratio that wide, you're just asking for trouble.

Old 01-16-2007, 01:58 AM
ok guys lots of info, thanks i currently have magnaflow dual exhaust, short ram intake, pulleys, diablo tune, and a 125 dry shot. it dynoed at 290 hp and 402 tq to the wheels. what would be the best way to spend $3,000. thats how much im ready to dump into it. thanks

Old 01-16-2007, 02:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

HI!... The 1ST thing you want to do is upgrade your in tank fuel pump. At the #'s you posted, your stock fuel pump is being maxed out. Also upgrade your fuel injectors. Then get yourself a set of STAGE II heads (FOX LAKE) dual 16" electric fans (DERALE), and a set of cams. (COMP CAMS). After all the above is done get MIKE TROYER at TROYER PERFORMANCE to tune your truck.

Quick Reply: stroker kit and boltons