Mustang Intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 10:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mustang Intake

I have a buddy that owns 3 Mustangs. The other night, over a few beers he mentioned that he hot rodded one of his GT's with new intake, headers, etc. Then, he mentioned the idea of putting his stock GT Mustang intake on my '98 Ford F150 4.6. Is this possible? I haven't seen the GT intake to see whether it would work, so I don't have a clue. Any help?

Thanks,

Tim

Old 01-11-2007, 10:16 AM
intake

With a unlimited amount of time and money you can make it work... Really though why would you want a mustang intake on your truck??? You think it is going to make you go faster?????

Last edited by umachme; 01-11-2007 at 10:21 AM.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by T.C.Barrett
I have a buddy that owns 3 Mustangs. The other night, over a few beers he mentioned that he hot rodded one of his GT's with new intake, headers, etc. Then, he mentioned the idea of putting his stock GT Mustang intake on my '98 Ford F150 4.6. Is this possible? I haven't seen the GT intake to see whether it would work, so I don't have a clue. Any help?

Thanks,

Tim
Here is what a stock 2006 GT intake looks like. Looks like fun

Old 01-11-2007, 10:38 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Truck intakes and car intakes are different. I remember reading about that , I beleive you'll hurt towing capabilities. With a 4six , theres not allot there anyway lol. So that might make it worse. Theres a big weight difference in vehicles.

Someone else will chime in with the exact effects of a mod like this..It's not a benefit from what I gather..

Old 01-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Yep....

Well, he alluded that it would be easy...would make it faster...and cost relatively little. (aka beer googles) I am always lookin' for more horsepower with the dinky 4.6L, so if this was beneficial I was going to give it a try. Sounded to good to be true...and I am sure it is...thanks.

Tim

Old 01-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Talking

Get a couple cases of beer and have your buddy do it.
Then tell us how well it went.

Old 01-12-2007, 01:43 PM
why waste time and $$$ on that sorry intake..here's what you can do if you really want an intake..have your intake sent to have it extrude hone which will increase flow....but if you haven't increased the exhaust size and headers you are wasting $$$$$$$

Old 01-12-2007, 02:58 PM
im puttin a mustang bullit intake on mine to make gobs more HP and torque up on the big end where its needed for racing. but yes al ud need to convert to a mustang intake is the right intake design. PI or non PI and the alternator bracket . but ud need the complete intake manifold plenum throttle body and fuel rails to make this work. also EGR tube would have to be custom fabricated if u decide to keep the EGR system on there.

Old 01-12-2007, 06:03 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The intake runners on the Stang are much shorter than on the truck, so you lose torque, bigtime.

In a truck you need torque, I would never put an intake manifold from a stang/tbird/crown vic etc on a truck

Old 01-13-2007, 10:35 AM
that is funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by Faster150
im puttin a mustang bullit intake on mine to make gobs more HP and torque up on the big end where its needed for racing. but yes al ud need to convert to a mustang intake is the right intake design. PI or non PI and the alternator bracket . but ud need the complete intake manifold plenum throttle body and fuel rails to make this work. also EGR tube would have to be custom fabricated if u decide to keep the EGR system on there.

Quick Reply: Mustang Intake