efan or edge programmer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
efan or edge programmer?

i am now debating if i should spend the 250 on and efan or put it towards an edge evo... i plan on getting both either way but only able to get one at the moment. which would i get more performance from?

Last edited by iziris; 01-10-2007 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by iziris
i am now debating if i should spend the 250 on and efan or put it towards an edge evo... i plan on getting both either way but only able to get one at the moment. which would i get more performance from?
I installed E-Fans and to be honest I didn't really feel any "seat of the pants" power improvements.

If you haven't already done so I'd install High Output Coil Packs. MSD and Accel both make good ones.

IMO the best low cost upgrade ever. I installed only MSD Coil Packs and felt an imediate "seat of the Pants" power improvement. And as an added bonus my MPG went up a full 1.5 MPG.

Also if you are still running your original Oxygen Sensors it is advisable to replace them too. They wear similar to how Spark Plugs do and hurt performance.

Doug

Old 01-10-2007, 07:29 PM
My vote goes to the programmer.

I don't know how much pure power was produced when I loaded Troyer tunes with the Xcal II, but the drive-ability is what I noticed. The truck now responds to what I want it to do. I can control the shifting (for the most part) just by the judicious use f the throttle. It's almost like having a manual shift without having to actually shift the transmission.

Based on my experience with the XcalII, I think you will get the most bang for your buck with a tuner.

Old 01-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by DDan1967
I installed E-Fans and to be honest I didn't really feel any "seat of the pants" power improvements.

If you haven't already done so I'd install High Output Coil Packs. MSD and Accel both make good ones.

IMO the best low cost upgrade ever. I installed only MSD Coil Packs and felt an imediate "seat of the Pants" power improvement. And as an added bonus my MPG went up a full 1.5 MPG.

Also if you are still running your original Oxygen Sensors it is advisable to replace them too. They wear similar to how Spark Plugs do and hurt performance.

Doug
I'm not able to find the MSD coils; even on their website. Do you have any info on them? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Why not save gas and money by doing the efan first?

Quick Reply: efan or edge programmer?