Idiots at the Ford dealer

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Idiots at the Ford dealer

I got an oil change at the local Ford dealer today and for the second time now they put in 7 freakin' quarts. My truck is a 2001 model and takes 6 quarts, not seven. This is really starting to **** me off!!!!

Old 01-06-2007, 04:22 PM
find another dealer. sounds like they do not know what they are working on!!!

Old 01-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Ifs it not over the mark on the dipstick, don't worry about it.

Old 01-06-2007, 04:32 PM
You know that really is irritating. You take your truck to the Ford Dealership because you wnat it to be worked on by someone who knows what they are doing. If all you wanted was an oil change by someone who knows nothing about your truck you could certainly get it done cheaper somewhere else. I'd make a complaint with your dealer. I Usually give them a chance to make it right and if they don't satisfy me, then I go elsewhere. Usually they'll do whatever they can (within reason) to in order to keep you happy.--DIY

Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
I wouldn't complain until you know what's going on. If you flush the oil cooler mine takes about 6 1/2 - They might be using a quart to help flush as well - ask for there procedure..

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Gear Jammer
I got an oil change at the local Ford dealer today and for the second time now they put in 7 freakin' quarts. My truck is a 2001 model and takes 6 quarts, not seven. This is really starting to **** me off!!!!
Is there really 7 quarts in the crankcase, or does your paperwork just show that they billed 7 quarts of oil? Your truck should take about six and a half quarts to bring it up in the middle of the crosshatches, and last I checked, no one sells oil in half quart amounts.

Old 01-06-2007, 04:39 PM

Quintin's right, Exactly!! , Mann , I couldn't imagine working at a dealership , having to deal with people that don't know what there talking about - work on your own truck.......DIY..

Last edited by jbrew; 01-06-2007 at 05:05 PM.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Exactly, I only took mine in for it's first and that's it. For a few reasons, my purchasing dealer is 45 mins away so it aint worth it just for an oil change. But the local dealer scared me when a service kid walked in and asked "how much oil do I put in?" I dropped my jaw. Never let a potential customer hear that. I take it for granted, I read my service book, says 5.7L of 5w-30, so I dump 6 bottles of Castrol in, close enough. To verify, I check the dipstick and it's to the half point, maybe closer to full so I don't worry. Original guys claim involved an 01 which is the same. The dealer has the info or specs for capacity, if not do it the old fashioned way.

Old 01-06-2007, 06:40 PM

LOL - Try blowing out the cooler , yuh get quite a bit more if you have your filter off..I do that once in awhile, I used Castrol for 180,000 of my 206,000 miles. Good stuff !!

Old 01-06-2007, 06:52 PM
The 7 quarts they billed me for was not my concern. I pulled the dipstick once I got home and that's when I noticed that it was overfilled. I wouldn't be so aggravated about it if this were the first time it happened. It is definitely what I consider to be a good bit past the full mark on the dipstick. I am usually a pretty easy going guy but this is plain and simple carelessness.

Old 01-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by DIYMechanic
You know that really is irritating. You take your truck to the Ford Dealership because you wnat it to be worked on by someone who knows what they are doing. If all you wanted was an oil change by someone who knows nothing about your truck you could certainly get it done cheaper somewhere else. I'd make a complaint with your dealer. I Usually give them a chance to make it right and if they don't satisfy me, then I go elsewhere. Usually they'll do whatever they can (within reason) to in order to keep you happy.--DIY

Well said...

Old 01-06-2007, 07:05 PM
The 7 quarts they billed me for was not my concern. I pulled the dipstick once I got home and that's when I noticed that it was overfilled. I wouldn't be so aggravated about it if this were the first time it happened. It is definitely what I consider to be a good bit past the full mark on the dipstick. I am usually a pretty easy going guy but this is plain and simple carelessness.

Fock that's bad!!! I would never go there again. How can you trust the dealership if they don't how oil to put in there? That's the simplest of the simplest of procedures and done more frequently than anything else.

Old 01-06-2007, 07:19 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Well, if it's obviously overfilled, then shame on them.

Time to have a talk with management at your dealer.

Old 01-06-2007, 08:11 PM
Arizona Dealer Idiots

Berge ford in Mesa

Any dealer in AZ that starts with Earnhardt. the clowns hydrauliced my engine fixing a fuel leak and then hosed up the intake manifold gasket putting it back together. They gave me a BS story about the engine started knocking on a test drive. sometime later a parts clerk at the local Checker was helping me put in a new battery. recognized my car. he said he was working as a mechanic in the next bay when the so called mechanic started up my car and it immediately punched a rod through the pan.

tells us the name of the dealer so others can avoid the idiots

Old 01-06-2007, 08:11 PM

Now I would be cheezed off , bigtime!! that's bad!!

Quick Reply: Idiots at the Ford dealer