Injector Cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 02:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Injector Cleaner

Does anyone have any thoughts on injector cleaner you put in your gas tank? Im looking to improve the fuel economy and I heard this is one way besides taking it easy on the truck? I wasnt sure how much it improved the fuel economy if any or what exactly it did. Thanks

Old 01-03-2007, 03:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i throw a bottle in the tank every few oil changes. more important is just to keep your air and fuel filter clean/changed when needed.

Old 01-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by keith97xlt
i throw a bottle in the tank every few oil changes. more important is just to keep your air and fuel filter clean/changed when needed.
Same for me.. I just use the walmart brand since I do it often enough, if I was going to not do it very often or it has never been done you may want something more concentrated...

-Brian

Old 01-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by ross2388
Does anyone have any thoughts on injector cleaner you put in your gas tank? Im looking to improve the fuel economy and I heard this is one way besides taking it easy on the truck? I wasnt sure how much it improved the fuel economy if any or what exactly it did. Thanks
I add a bottle after every oil change but have never seen any improvement in fuel economy..

Old 01-03-2007, 03:57 PM
I would recommed STP Fuel Injector Cleaner. I use it every oil change and a random one in between with about a half a tank of gas in the truck. Make sure you get the one that only says fuel injector cleaner not the one with carbuerator cleaner. Give it a try, but it may take a whole tank of gas before you notice the diffrence. You'll burn more fuel effeciently and gain a few MPG.

Old 01-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Usually throw in a bottle before an oil change. Got 6 bottles of Redline cleaner for $3.45 a bottle on clearance at AA so that should last me awhile. Techron, Redline and Gumout Regane are my favorites.

Old 01-03-2007, 06:56 PM
I would get a can of seafoam.is works great....you can get it @ advanced auto

Old 01-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Heres the deal, the best fuel injector cleaner out there is the one that you hook up to your fuel line or some chit, anyways its in your engine compartment and your engine runs solely on this bottle that you hook up to it. If your looking for something that u put in the gas tank, well then my old auto teacher (who by the way is a very smart man) said that chevron with techron is the best. but theres my 2 cents

Old 01-03-2007, 07:49 PM
So basically just go to any Auto Zone and pick some name brand like STP or Chevron and put it in huh? Thanks for the reply guys.....And by the way...Whats seafoam? Ive never heard of it before.

Old 01-03-2007, 08:21 PM
best one i ever used was the lucas brand injector cleaner works like a champ almost instant response....a little bit more expensive than stp but well worth it

Old 01-03-2007, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by SuperBlackCrew3
Heres the deal, the best fuel injector cleaner out there is the one that you hook up to your fuel line or some chit, anyways its in your engine compartment and your engine runs solely on this bottle that you hook up to it. If your looking for something that u put in the gas tank, well then my old auto teacher (who by the way is a very smart man) said that chevron with techron is the best. but theres my 2 cents

Its hooked up to a vaccuum line.

Generally, two other types are used at the same time. One in the crankcase and another in the fuel tank.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:22 PM
i have a buddy as a mechanic at a jeep dealer they actaully use ATF (automatic transmission fluid) the stuff works great it eats all the built up carbon

Old 01-03-2007, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by SuperBlackCrew3

I agree. At one point my 150 was spitting and sputtering and just did not have the throttle response it used to. Took it to a local reputable mechanic and had them run that fuel injector cleaner stuff through the whole system. I could immediately tell it actually worked. Ran like new again. I think it cost around $40 for them to do it.
But I occasionaly throw in a bottle of STP or something along those lines.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:51 PM
?

amsoil pi

Old 01-03-2007, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by 02sprcrw
i have a buddy as a mechanic at a jeep dealer they actaully use ATF (automatic transmission fluid) the stuff works great it eats all the built up carbon

and you can tell it works becuase it will smoke like a freight train...

Quick Reply: Injector Cleaner