Spring Clamp Fuel Lines

Old 12-30-2006, 05:27 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Spring Clamp Fuel Lines

My supply line slid apart not to long ago - The spring inside rusted , disinigrated and eventually snapped. I found another spring I'm using - it came from a Windstar motor fuel rail, left over from a motor swap I did 3 years ago for someone. (anyone need 3.8 heads?)

I don't want this happening again - It happened at 60mph the first time , with my daughter in the truck - we were very lucky it didn't ignite. #8 coil was the only one wet and the plug chamber filled with gas. The rest of the gas coverd the top of the tranny. Strang at it sounds , #8 coil never stop working until 2 months after the incident. It worked wet!!??!!? Gas evaps fast , maybe that's the explanation there. Used a boot lace and tied it together to get her home..

I can't locate a fix. Freakin Michigan salt.

Prolly a salvage yard item..

Old 12-30-2006, 05:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow you are very lucky... The only thing I could say to do is wrap the connection in something to keep junk out...

Old 12-30-2006, 06:00 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Well , the inside of the boot was still thick on dielectric grease, I greased the connector plugs aswell - these forums may have saved my a$$...
Last spring , that's all that went threw my mind "grease everything , that's good sh^t!!"

I felt it go when I dropped into passing gear , didn't know what it was at first.

The motor stayed running until I stopped - it just would do nothing when I hit the gas. It kept idleing tho.

Figures when I worked on the lines after that - It was a biatch getting the return line off

The way everything connects to the rail doesn't leave many options - I would like to hardline and flare - that's no good unless I cut the ends off the fuel rail and then have the room to do that . I don't think I do..

Last edited by jbrew; 12-30-2006 at 06:09 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Spring Clamp Fuel Lines