My new AEM Brute Force for my 4.6

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 07:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up My new AEM Brute Force for my 4.6

Well I finally got my AEM Brute Force VIA UPS last week. I ordered from pro street online. (Not Smart). After I ordered it I had no e-mail confirmation, no tracking number, and no idea when or where my package was. When I got my intake the box was beat to ****! When I opened the box it was packed horrible. It looked like they let the Rainman pack it! The Intake was a little dirty and had a couple little scrapes but I dont care. Moral of the story is I got my intake for $50 less than the AEMpower websites price. I should've ordered through AEM.... Now about performance,

Pro's:
1. I think now my engine sounds more like a 5.4
2. It sounds awsome when you slam on the gas!
3. I think I'm probably getting 1 or maybe 1.5 mpg more.
4. I feel a little more pick up now than the stock intake.

Negatives:
1. I thought the pick up would be a little better
2. If you dont stick the pedal to the floor you dont hear the nice sound the intake makes.
3. Hard to not speed because it sounds so nice when you haul ***!

Do I think it was worth it? Yes I think it was, when I get my super 40, it will enhance the sound of the muffler. I think that it lets my engine breathe better too. But I do think the intakes should be priced around $150 to $250, not anywhere above $250.

Old 12-28-2006, 07:51 PM
I put my AEM CAI on a couple weeks ago (2006 5.4). Cool looking (I got the polished SS one), real easy to install, and the noise it makes is unbelieveable. Sounds like I sucked up a moose! I slapped an Edge Evo in after and it made it even cooler sounding (level 3, of course). I really liked it the best because it uses a non-oiled re-usable filter, so no gooping up the air flow sensor. The only slightly negative minor things are a resonance around 2000 rpm, and the open airbox, which most CAI's have. I kinda wish it was sealed to the fender hole when the stock hunk of plastic was, but I'm gonna put a lid on it and run a duct down to the Roush air dam (the place where the tow hooks usually poke out). I don't know how much (if any) increase in HP the AEM CAI gives you, but it's so much fun, who cares!!!!

baWHAAAAAAA

Old 12-29-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by fordman0171
I put my AEM CAI on a couple weeks ago (2006 5.4). Cool looking (I got the polished SS one), real easy to install, and the noise it makes is unbelieveable. Sounds like I sucked up a moose! I slapped an Edge Evo in after and it made it even cooler sounding (level 3, of course). I really liked it the best because it uses a non-oiled re-usable filter, so no gooping up the air flow sensor. The only slightly negative minor things are a resonance around 2000 rpm, and the open airbox, which most CAI's have. I kinda wish it was sealed to the fender hole when the stock hunk of plastic was, but I'm gonna put a lid on it and run a duct down to the Roush air dam (the place where the tow hooks usually poke out). I don't know how much (if any) increase in HP the AEM CAI gives you, but it's so much fun, who cares!!!!

baWHAAAAAAA

fordman - what kind of sound is it in the cab at 2000rpm? That is my basic highway cruising speed. I was just wondering if it is a drone, a whine, an rushing air sound? thanks

Old 12-29-2006, 11:04 PM
It's a quiet as stock when cruising...no difference. But if you kinda "play" with the accellerator pedal, it'll do a little wa-wa(?) Example: If you have it on cruise (around 2000 rpm) and start climbing a grade, like a high overpass, you'll notice a little noise, but not enough to disturb you at all...just a little change in note. Not enough to bother the stereo or normal conversation at all. BUT, if you stick your foot in it, you won't need no stinkin' horn, 'cause they'll HEAR you!!!!!

It's actually a lot of fun.

Old 12-30-2006, 08:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It's a quiet as stock when cruising...no difference. But if you kinda "play" with the accellerator pedal, it'll do a little wa-wa(?) Example: If you have it on cruise (around 2000 rpm) and start climbing a grade, like a high overpass, you'll notice a little noise, but not enough to disturb you at all...just a little change in note. Not enough to bother the stereo or normal conversation at all. BUT, if you stick your foot in it, you won't need no stinkin' horn, 'cause they'll HEAR you!!!!!

Cool. Gotta get me one of those.

Old 12-30-2006, 08:59 PM

man that sounds PERFECT!! going to be my first mod for '07.

Old 12-31-2006, 01:41 AM
Talking Pics

Wow I couldnt have put it any better Fordman, (sounds like you sucked up a moose)

Here are a couple pics:
https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=8875

Old 01-01-2007, 08:53 AM
glad to read that. the aem is my next mod. just finished the exhaust.
now to let it breath.

Quick Reply: My new AEM Brute Force for my 4.6