06 with 10k-mi Wont start DOA

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 12:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 with 10k-mi Wont start DOA

Its an 06 with only 10k miles and has ran perfect since day 1. Today after about a 30 min trip, I pull into my driveway and shut the motor off. I hear a very quiet clicking sound and my dash lights come on but very dim. The dash says "Check Gauges" but all gauges read perfect. I pop the hood to investigate the click click noise and under the hood it was much louder. The noise stopped momentarily and I tried to start the truck again. It started no problem and idled great for 1-2 minutes. I turned the key off and pulled it out BUT THE TRUCK KEPT RUNNING!! It ran for about 15 seconds with the key IN MY HAND! It shut down by itself and now it wont start.

Everything else works fine. Power windows, doors, lights, radio... When I turn the key nothing happens. No noises at all like the battery is disconnected. When I get out and push the "lock" button, the doors lock and the red security light by the windshield blinks very fast. Any quick fix ideas for this???

Of course all the Ford service centers are closed until Tuesday and Im without a truck for Christmas. I bought the Warranty but they are closed also.

Old 12-24-2006, 08:05 AM
Try disconecting the battery for 5 minutes. It's along shot, but ???

Old 12-24-2006, 11:28 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Dealership visit time.

Old 12-24-2006, 11:43 AM
Check the fuse's??? Maybe one or a few have blown. Too bad they are small one's cause everybody has the older type in their tool box.l I think they call them blade fuse's cause they are half the size of the old ones at twice the price. The only problem most places will be closing early today if not all ready. Wal-mart most likely will be open cause they love the money.

Good Luck

Old 12-24-2006, 11:52 AM
Strangly enough, It runs perfect this morning and theres no signs of anything wrong. I dont want to drive it for risk if being stranded somewhere. Its Dealership-bound for sure on Tuesday. But if its running fine now, how will they be able to diagnose the problem? Will I just have to continue driving it thinking that at any time it may decide to act up and die?

Quick Reply: 06 with 10k-mi Wont start DOA