'01 F-150 won't start

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 09:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'01 F-150 won't start

Hello. I have an '01 F150 and it won't start. At first my odometer read blank and the theft light kept blinking. I saw someone here had a similar problem and many suggested he try switching keys. I used my spare and it started. I took my girlfriends key off my keychain and it worked a few times after that. Then it wouldn't start again. I also read that someone suggested the battery might be dying so I went out and got a new battery and it still won't start. The engine turns and makes like it wants to start but it won't. Now it won't start with either key. Any ideas and/or suggestions?

Thanks for reading.

PS: dealer said they found nothing wrong with it. Don't know much about cars but I understand a little. Quick learner.

Old 12-21-2006, 10:41 PM
Try adjusting the anti-theft needle valve or the roll-over prevention spring.

Sounds like something is wrong with your PATS. If the system was functioning when you brought it in, it's reasonable to assume they couldn't find anything wrong with it because, at the time, there wasn't anything wrong to find. But now that it's flat-out DOA, they could probably take care of it. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do to troubleshoot PATS, but that's a good thing. If it was easy to fix, it would also be easy to override.

http://media.ford.com/article_displa...rticle_id=2620

Old 12-22-2006, 03:59 PM
Thanks

I guess it's good and bad. Thanks for writing back. I'll prob be taking it to the dealer on monday. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: '01 F-150 won't start