NEW OEM Ford COP's

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 11:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEW OEM Ford COP's

Just purchased a set of new OEM Ford COP's on Ebay for $96.00 Thought it was a heck of a deal so I bought them.

Here is the link; they may have more if you are interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=160063742007

Old 12-21-2006, 12:04 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Most of us buy them off Kevin at Global , there a little cheaper.

Those aren't originals - beware of eBay. When you open them up you'll see that there clear on top - They work most of the time .

These are originals and sold for $76 last week on eBay. -

Old 12-21-2006, 12:06 AM

Nice truck , I like that programmer set up on the dash like that.

Old 12-21-2006, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by jbrew
Nice truck , I like that programmer set up on the dash like that.

Thanks for the info and comments. Hopefully they work out good. At least I will have some spares...

Old 12-21-2006, 12:24 AM
Why did ya'll replace your cops?

Old 12-21-2006, 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by chester8420
Not yet...I had two go bad about 2 years ago and had them replaced. I am pretty sure that the others and my spark plugs are original. Decided to just replace them...

Plus I will have spares...you never know...

Old 12-21-2006, 12:32 AM
Originally Posted by 00Ford4X4
Not yet...I had two go bad about 2 years ago and had them replaced. I am pretty sure that the others and my spark plugs are original. Decided to just replace them...

Plus I will have spares...you never know...
Yeah, I was an idiot one day and pressure washed my engine. I got one of the cop boots wet. I had a missfire, and the edge said it was #8. I took it off, and sure enough, it was wet. I dried it off, and it hasn't given me any trouble since. I'm gonna try to replace my spark plugs this weekend and change the tranny fluid (almost to 200,000 miles).

Old 12-21-2006, 12:32 AM

Actually I didn't buy those , I waited to long and got chumped , I was going to get them and either sell or keep them for spare myself .

I bought that same set last spring and am still using them - originals like that don't come around all the time , you have to watch for them.

The ones you bought - let us know what they look like when they come . Like I said there most likely clear on the tops. But they do work. I'm skeptical because the do not provide an actual pic of the COP's and haven't heard of anyone buying from that outfit before. I've seen those advertise for quite awhile tho, so , most likely the company's legit.

Old 12-21-2006, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by chester8420

Hey Chester!!

I washed my motor - I pulled the battery and hosed her a good one lol. Oh I used compressed air and cleaned all wires and connectors well - I thought!!

Fired it up and it ran like a lame duck!!

Within three months my COP's went down like domino's . I tested them things every which way and they always passed. Primary , secondary passed. Even pulled them one at a time and threw a plug in there for a live spark test , had great spark!!

Well , they failed under a load , their dead spot was after the shift into OD - bucked like a freakin mule..

I just replaced them all after finding them cheap on eBay - I was golden after that.

Old 12-21-2006, 12:53 AM
Guess I ought to be thankful that it didn't give me any more trouble! POS truck If I had money, I wouldn't be driving it anymore, but it won't even die!

Old 12-21-2006, 01:26 AM

201,000 miles on mine , I did a compesion test last spring - freakin flauless.

Doesn't burn or leak oil - how far can the go?

My trans slips a little when it get hot , just from the start - more of a shudder - hopefully just the converter.

Old 12-21-2006, 07:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Actually, all the ones I see sold are not Ford OEM plugs. I work at the plant that makes them for Ford and the stickers do not look like that. And the ones he did buy off e-bay are from Global Automotive! I am not sure if Motorcraft has somebody else making service components or not.

We may sell our scrap or Ford Service may sell extra of theirs to aftermarket services and simply relabel the components. At the plant, we laser etch the part number and date code. There is no label for a Ford OEM COP. The COP's are not made at the engine plants.

Last edited by Stormsearch; 12-21-2006 at 07:32 AM.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:44 AM
I bought a set of those from Global about six months ago and they were clear on top. GF's truck was running like poo but couldn't get any codes off it. Just decided to change all the plugs and cops at one time. Probably overkill, but it's done and it runs much better. She previously replaced one bad cop and plug at a garage for more than I did all eight.

Old 12-21-2006, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Stormsearch
Actually, all the ones I see sold are not Ford OEM plugs. I work at the plant that makes them for Ford and the stickers do not look like that. And the ones he did buy off e-bay are from Global Automotive! I am not sure if Motorcraft has somebody else making service components or not.

We may sell our scrap or Ford Service may sell extra of theirs to aftermarket services and simply relabel the components. At the plant, we laser etch the part number and date code. There is no label for a Ford OEM COP. The COP's are not made at the engine plants.

The ones I posted come directly from FORD they came directly from the Romeo Plant and directly from the crown vic motors.

There production units made in 2000-2002 . If you know someone in QC , just ask .

Old 12-21-2006, 10:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If they came from the Romeo plant, then they came from us. I am not sure what we sent out 6 years ago but wondering how much stock do they have left over to support an aftermarket business? We started the laser etch process after the Visteon split so very possible we supplied them with motorcraft stickers back then.

If they continue to have an endless supply then something is fishy, otherwise get them while they last.

Quick Reply: NEW OEM Ford COP's