I just noticed that my cruise control doesnt work. I dont have a manual and i dont know how to check it. Do you guys have any idea what could be wrong. I dont want to take it to shop, they usually find or create something else.
Check fuses: Under dash Fuses F5, F13, & F15. Check continuity of cruise deactivator switch and the add-on harness installed per recent recall.
You have an 01 that has a built-in self test. Run it:
This test is a key on engine off (KOEO) test only that is conducted in park only with emergency brake fully engaged.
1. Enter self-test diagnostics by depressing the speed control OFF switch while turning the ignition key ON, making sure the engine does not start and is not running. The speed control indicator on the instrument panel will flash once to indicate that speed control module entered the diagnostic mode. Five additional flashes at this point indicate a defective speed control servo. Release the OFF switch.
2. Press the remaining switches in this sequence: ON, RESUME, COAST and SET/ACCEL.
If the ON switch is not depressed within five seconds after entering the diagnostics mode, the module times out and the procedure must be started over.
The speed control indicator lamp will flash as each switch is depressed. Press each switch in the sequence immediately after the indicator light goes out for the previous switch.
There will be a slight delay when the last button is pressed and the lamp flashes.
3. A lamp flash with the last button (SET/ACCEL) indicates that the static test passed. If the lamp does not flash with the last button and there are no additional flashes of the lamp, the switch is defective.
If the lamp does not flash with the last button, and additional flashes occur, follow the chart below for trouble codes:
— 2 flashes - BPP defective, circuit is defective, brake applied, CPP switch or jumper (if equipped).
— 3 flashes - deactivator switch is open or circuit defective.
— 4 flashes - vehicle speed signal is out of range or circuit is defective
4. Immediately (.25 second delay) after the static test, the speed control servo does a dynamic test by automatically actuating the throttle lever from 8 mm (0.315 in) to 12 mm (0.472 in) of travel from the idle position. During the dynamic throttle pull, observe throttle movement to witness any binding or sticking of the speed control cable and correct connection of speed control cable to throttle lever. Make sure the throttle returns to the idle position.
5. Return the ignition switch to the OFF position and proceed to the Symptom Chart.
If you get a flash code, post it.
If your original owner's manual is missing, download a soft copy from www.fleet.ford.com under the PARTS AND SERVICE tab.
Yes i just bought this truck. Also I am first time truck owner. I dont know that much about trucks. This forum gives me good informations so i can learn about my truck. I will try that test, and post it here. Also if i call ford dealer can they check if i have recall. How this recall works, i dont know. how do you guys get the info.
i had no cruise on my 03 expy when i bought it. replaced the servo and the deactivation switch, but it turned out to be the brakelihgt switch. current was showing "always on" so the cruise wouldn't engage. in your case though, probably the recall.
i had no cruise on my 03 expy when i bought it. replaced the servo and the deactivation switch, but it turned out to be the brakelihgt switch. current was showing "always on" so the cruise wouldn't engage....
Yeah, I have no idea if a 'half recall' was done on this truck but, this thread has a good title and future members may hit it on 'Search' years from now regarding CC failure or more specifically, CC failure upon buying used. Some members here just disconnected it themselves when the story broke and some may never have given it another thought as they were dumping the truck anyway.
Since I went through the cruise control two-part recall drama, I just wanted to make sure it was part of the conversation.
I found out about the cruise control recall on owners site. I have a similar question. Can I take my truck to the dealership to find out if I have the recall done? My cruise control works fine, just would like a little piece of mind after seeing the recal. I bought it used earlier this year, before the recall said parts would be available.
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Fordé is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company