Where are the sparkplugs?

Old 12-18-2006, 12:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where are the sparkplugs?

I have a 2004 Heritage with the 4.6. I am usually a good wrench but I fail to see where the plugs are located. I can only gues they are under the valve covers...Am I correct? If so, that really sucks....

I can't see any plug wires to follow...

Am I losing my mind...thanks.

Old 12-18-2006, 12:10 PM
For the love of god, close the hood and go get some help.

Old 12-18-2006, 12:10 PM
They are coil-on-plug, meaning you have to remove the coil to get to the plug, its actually recessed in the top of the engine.
This might help...
http://www.rmftc.com/howtos/sparkplugs/sparkplugs.html

Old 12-18-2006, 03:16 PM
Thanks

Mattadams-thanks, I kind of suspected they were in some weird place-I thought I would be able to see the caps or something....

Podunk-If you aren't helping in the solution-find a hobby. Nobody needs a response like that and this forum is designed to help not belittle.

Old 12-18-2006, 03:21 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
I think podunk was only joking b.c they have been discused numerous times on the forrums. COP is how you usually see it.

Why are you wanting to change your plugs? chances are the plugs you put in are going to be a lower quality then ford has from the factory.
-Patrick

Old 12-18-2006, 03:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Podunk
......just got off the floor...was laughing so hard!!!!!!

Old 12-18-2006, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by Paratrooper
Mattadams-thanks, I kind of suspected they were in some weird place-I thought I would be able to see the caps or something....

Podunk-If you aren't helping in the solution-find a hobby. Nobody needs a response like that and this forum is designed to help not belittle.
Ohhh come on. It was funny! You have to give him that.

And if think there's not a whole lot of that kind of stuff going on around here, you certainly haven't been here long!!!! Part of the fun is trading jokes and jabs with your buds.

Read this thread a little, it will give you some idea how we get along around here.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=263632

If all there was to do was to sit around, answer questions, and help, just for the sake of helping alone, people wouldn't stick around very long because there would be no fun in it (read:SUCK), and then there wouldn't be anybody to answer your questions. Most of us do have some kind of life outside of these forums and we don't exist just to answer silly questions.

One very important thing YOU need to understand about this forum though is that it HAS a SEARCH function. Your spark plug question is asked and answered sometimes several times a week. Try that next time.

Silly questions get silly answers. It makes no difference why you don't know where your spark plugs are, but asking where they are on a vehicle _you_ own is ALWAYS FUNNY!!! That's right up there with a 35 year old man asking where babies come from!

Old 12-18-2006, 05:20 PM
Oh, I see, humour.....I wasn't aware of this aspect.

The reason I asked is, I just bought this truck and I had a 6 in my other truck where the plugs where very obvious.

I will utilize the search feature in the future and thank you for directing me to the correct location.

Old 12-18-2006, 05:24 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Paratrooper
Oh, I see, humour.....I wasn't aware of this aspect.

The reason I asked is, I just bought this truck and I had a 6 in my other truck where the plugs where very obvious.

I will utilize the search feature in the future and thank you for directing me to the correct location.
Don't feel bad, I could not find spark plug wires when I first looked. After reading on here tho, I learned about the COPs, etc. Good luck with your truck.

Old 12-18-2006, 05:45 PM
yeah we all learned sometime, no need to be critical or anything . I remember spending about 45 minutes one afternoon going "where the **** are these god **** spark plugs?" ROFL.

Old 12-18-2006, 05:50 PM
I think all of us had that same "WTF" moment the first time we saw COP.

Old 12-18-2006, 06:47 PM
it really screwed me up when i got my truck.i got mine in february of 2000 and there weren't that many around here at that time so i didn't know anybody to ask til i found this site.i finally found em and since then every new person looks under my hood they say the same thing,where the hell are the plugs?i got it down to an hour to change all 8,with a smoke break in the middle.i think thats pretty decent.

Old 12-18-2006, 11:30 PM
No kidding! First Ford I have ever owned and no plug wires! Same reaction as others, where the @#$% are the wires!

All in all, best truck I have ever owned and have owned all of the big three now.

I read alot on this forum to learn and gather info on maintenance.

Old 12-19-2006, 01:14 AM
Originally Posted by Podunk

that is what I did the first time. Looked at the underhood configeration, with the dawning relization that I would have this truck traded in on another new one before I would ever have to change the plugs. Closed the hood and walked away.

Old 12-19-2006, 05:42 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by newmandl
......just got off the floor...was laughing so hard!!!!!!
Me too! I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where are the sparkplugs?