Help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 09:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help.

Not getting much of a response in the Exhaust section, so I'll post here.

Folks! I need some advice from Flowmaster people. My 2004 w/5.4 3v has a SISO Flowmaster 40 setup. The stock muffler was simply replaced. I'm thinking of replacing this with a SIDO setup. I like the sound of what I have, but could stand a little more sound, and hopefully a little better performance. I can get it done for a measly $205 without tips, $240 with tips. The muffler guy I use, widely known in my area for damned good work, tells me I might lose going with a true dual setup. He recommends the SIDO.
Will the SIDO sound better than my SISO setup? Will there be a real difference? I don't think I want to go as loud as true dual.

Please give lots of advice with lots of details. Thanks.

Old 12-17-2006, 11:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dixieF150scab
Not getting much of a response in the Exhaust section, so I'll post here.

Folks! I need some advice from Flowmaster people. My 2004 w/5.4 3v has a SISO Flowmaster 40 setup. The stock muffler was simply replaced. I'm thinking of replacing this with a SIDO setup. I like the sound of what I have, but could stand a little more sound, and hopefully a little better performance. I can get it done for a measly $205 without tips, $240 with tips. The muffler guy I use, widely known in my area for damned good work, tells me I might lose going with a true dual setup. He recommends the SIDO.
Will the SIDO sound better than my SISO setup? Will there be a real difference? I don't think I want to go as loud as true dual.

Please give lots of advice with lots of details. Thanks.
When I took my muffler off (just for kicks, and to see what it would do) I gained a bunch on my 0-60 and 1/4 times. I promptly hooked it back up.

Quick Reply: Help.