big oil leak?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy big oil leak?

Hey guys, I just got my new used 98 f-150 4x4 about 6 weeks ago. the truck had some miles on it , mid 90s. truck is super clean, anyway my drive way had a few spots on it , so I took it took it to a budy for a trany service and he thought it had a small leak at the back of the valve covers. he said he would check the stuff on the trany he thought could be leaking , but it all looked good. looked under it today everything is coverd in oil /trany fluid. Im looking for a good place to start. the block is dry from under the hood? rear main seal? front seal trany? thanks for the help. oh yeah it has 4.6

Old 12-12-2006, 10:14 PM
Suspended
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SAME PROBLEM HERE! Your head gaskets are fried. The 98 and 99 4.6 cylinder heads had BURS in them. Which doesnt make good friends with the gasket and cause a leak. Both of mine are leaking. I just love FORD, nice not recalling that you big dumb SOB's

HAVE A NICE DAY

Old 12-13-2006, 10:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for all your bashing on the fords maybe you should just trade yours in and be done with it. I personally have 2 and they run great had some normal maintnence type stuff. All in all I wouldnt personally drive anything else.

Old 12-13-2006, 12:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
do u have a remote oil filter?? if so check those lines. i had one blow on me no warning.i lost 5 quarts in about 10 seconds. lucky no permanent damage.orginial line from 97

Old 12-13-2006, 03:45 PM
Suspended
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mustangraven
for all your bashing on the fords maybe you should just trade yours in and be done with it. I personally have 2 and they run great had some normal maintnence type stuff. All in all I wouldnt personally drive anything else.

I wish i could, but for what its worth, I'd get raped

Quick Reply: big oil leak?