Engine won't start after shutoff!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 03:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Engine won't start after shutoff!

Ok, i'm gonna try to explain this as best I can. I have a 2006 Supercrew XLT that came with the Securilock system. My problem is that when I turn my truck off, leave the key in the ignition (like at a carwash), and try to start it again nothing happens. It won't even crank. This happens even when I don't open any doors or get out of the vehicle. I simply turn it off. In order to get it to start again I have to open a door, hit the unlock button on my keyless entry, or a combination of the two. Is this a problem or simply the ignition kill built into the securilock system and my truck is automatically arming when I turn it off? Very frustrating! I'm gonna go bitch at my dealer tomorrow! Thx

Last edited by morphias91; 12-10-2006 at 03:49 PM.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:15 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Yeah , I would take it in for sure.

Old 12-10-2006, 06:26 PM
Ditto. Sounds like a nightmare for the tech. Hope they can straighten it out.

Old 12-11-2006, 12:47 AM
my dad has ALOT of problems with his factory installed alarm when his battery starts to get low on his screw. he has starting problems and sometimes the gauge needles turn ALL the way to the right and then reset when he cranks the engine...its very strange. so maybe it's your battery...go start some hell at your dealership

Old 12-11-2006, 09:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like you have a Ford factory alarm and don't know it. The factory securilock does not kill the starter after you shut it off. All it does is prevent it from starting unless the correct key is in the ignition. The Ford aftermarket alarm however does have an automatic starter kill feature that activates about 30 sec after you turn off truck. This feature can be disabled. It is even hard to tell if you have the Ford aftermarket alarm because it uses the factory keyless entry fob that came with the truck. I would go back to your dealer and see if you have this alarm and have them dis-able the auto arming function.

Old 12-11-2006, 06:25 PM
Thx

Thx for the input guys. This is my first Ford truck and I love it, except for this problem. Now that I think about it I do have a Ford alarm on the truck, not just the securilock. I'm headin down tonight to see if the dealer can at least explain to me whats goin on if not help me fix it.

Old 12-11-2006, 06:30 PM
How to disable starter kill??

So if I have the factory alarm with 30 sec starter kill after the vehicle is shut off, does anyone know how to disable that auto arm? I read my manual three times but it's like reading a foreign language. Any help is appreciated.

Quick Reply: Engine won't start after shutoff!