03 supercrew 4.6 won't start

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 10:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 supercrew 4.6 won't start

I am buying an 03 supercrew from my landlord that has been sitting int the garage for over 2 years now. I am not getting any fuel pressure ( I have a test gauge on the shrader valve). I checked all my voltages, reset the inertia switch, changed the fuel filter, and put some new gas in the tank because they ran it empty before they parked it. Can anyone give me a list of things I should test before I drop the tank and replace the fuel pump.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 12-10-2006, 12:24 PM
When you turn on the ignition, can you hear the fuel pump running?

Old 12-10-2006, 12:42 PM
Change ALL your fluids. There is still probably some old gas left that is gumming up the fuel pump. Try adding a can of seafoam to the gas tank. If that doesn't work, it looks like you're dropping the tank...

Old 12-10-2006, 02:02 PM
don't hear the fuel pump

I don't hear the fuel pump when I turn on the key but, I do have the voltage there at the relay and the fuse. I also took the fuel filter off and just turned the key on to see if any fuel came out of the line. All I got was a little trickle but not enough to amount to anything.

Old 12-11-2006, 11:37 AM
I hear the fuel injectors prime

I can hear the fuel injectors prime when I turn on the key. I am going to drop the tank today and check the fuel pump hopeully the screen is just clogged. I was sure I would hear the fuel pump even if the screen was clogged. any thoughts (Powertrain Control relay works, fuel pump relay and fuses are good, fuel injector fuse is good, inertia switch is reset)

Old 12-11-2006, 09:07 PM
You can check for voltage at the fuel pump connector with a test light, it should be a heavier gauge wire and should have voltage for a couple of seconds when key is turned to on position. Voltage should also be present when cranking engine. If you have this voltage and no fuel pressure you will
have to change the fuel pump assembly.

Old 12-11-2006, 09:58 PM
fuel pump bad

well I dropped the tank, I had the voltages at the connector. so I pulled the pump out. It was easy to drop the tank by my self but I am not so sure about putting it back LOL. any way thanks for your help guys. hopefully the fuel pump will fix it

Quick Reply: 03 supercrew 4.6 won't start