E- Fans

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 04:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E- Fans

I was wondering what exacally I need to install E-fans? I know im going with the FAL 16'' fans but im not sure on the sending units. What is the best way to wire these bad boys up. If I need to wire both fans to the AC or just one. Thanks for the help in advance.

Old 12-03-2006, 04:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wired both of mine to the a/c. I ran an ignition wire from the fuse box, and the hot and ground directly to the battery. I also have a manual override switch to turn the fans on/off with the a/c, so they arent running while going down the highway with the a/c on.

Old 12-03-2006, 04:30 PM
Any type of variable speed controler needed? Adjustable thermostat? Whats the ''ideal'' way to set them up?

Old 12-03-2006, 04:42 PM
How are you using the truck. If you go off road through deep water y ou need to hook up a power disconnect so the fans will not try to run in water. If you run on the street and do not "work" the truck a thermosta only with an AC on swich may be all you need.

I use my truck primarly as a commuter during bad weather. For my efan hookup I have the passender side hooked to the AC and it is set as the 5 degrees lower than the driver side fan. The driver side fan is wired with a manual override so I can turn the fan on at any time. I also have a relay set up with a switch so I can disable them if I need to. I am using the Troyer fan setup. I have had one controller fail closed so it stays on all of the time - now that cooler weather has set in I have diabled it. E-fans are nice to have but they can have issues. BTW: I have had thes for about 5 years.

Old 12-03-2006, 08:55 PM
Who makes a good thermostat? Should I use an adjustable or set temp?

Old 12-04-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by jjfx407
Who makes a good thermostat? Should I use an adjustable or set temp?
my Hayden adjustable is working fine. got it for 18 bucks from auto parts store

Quick Reply: E- Fans