Why Buy?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 02:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why Buy?

A few weeks ago I had to tear off my entire intake manifold for some stupidity maintainance from the previous owner. While apart I decided to port and polish my TB.

"Holy mid-range Batman!"

Yeah she's only a 4.2L 2WD which is why the pick-up astounded me so much. I threw a set of BF All Terrain 265/75/16's on the stockies a few weeks ago (upped from the OEM 235/70/16 Generals) and noticed a significant lag in power caused by the increased tire size while only being pushed with a dinky set of 3.08's. Even before the wheel swap she wasn't fast (I rode street bikes for almost 10 years so trucks just aren't fast in my opinion). Now after placing the larger tires on and doing the P & P on the TB... Well Batman knows.

If you can change your intake then you can access your TB. With a lil' Dremel kit and about two to three hours you can rid yourself of the mid-range lag for good. There is "A LOT" of play room to scoop out of there. The inside of the stock TB is not smooth and has a 90 degree edge toward the butterfly that sits higher than a 1/32 of an inch; that is a lot when we are talking wind flow. I didn't increase the diameter around the butterfly itself but rather made a smooth taper from the outter lip flowing up to the flapper. The longer you spend on this project the more pleased (and smooth) it will turn out.

Old 12-03-2006, 02:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like a good idea if you dont want to spend money on a bigger one. Wont flow quite as much air, but then again, every little bit helps

Old 12-03-2006, 03:01 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
I also felt an increase of low and mid range when i put my P&P tb and plenum on.

Quick Reply: Why Buy?