f150 hesitating

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 08:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
f150 hesitating

Hello everyone,

First off i want to say how great this site is, i have learned so much about these trucks. Now to my problem.

We have a 99f150 4x4 ext cab with the 5.4 and a 9inch lift. The other day my wife was driving home and she called me saying that the truck started shaking really bad and was hard to control and that it was hesitaing and barely moving. We had it towed home. I took it out for a spin and it was hesitating really bad from a dead stop and going up and it sounded like the exhaust was backfiring, sounded like a glass pack was on the truck. Now i noticed that by the heater hose on the passenger side firewall there was alot of moisture built up and i remeber reading about the COPs getting water on them causing problems. After checking things out i decided to drive it to Autozone to see if there were any codes (CEL was not on) well it ran fine the whole way there. I also noticed that the leaf srping had a broken clamp on it, would this cause a shaking problem? I plan on doing a plug change and fuel filter replacement this weekend. Could the water have caused the problem?

Thank you

Old 11-26-2006, 09:16 PM
Try drying up the moisture and spray some wiredry on the COPs and wiring. When mine went (#7), it did throw a code. Fouled the plug also.

Old 11-26-2006, 09:41 PM
This happened early in the morning and my wife was using the defroster. When i started to look at the truck i guess the moisture had dried up. She drove the truck today and it was fine. It was just the usual skeaking and creaking issue coming from the front.

Thank you

Quick Reply: f150 hesitating