Diesel F150???

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diesel F150???

What is the latest on Ford's 6 cyl powerstroke for F150's???

I had read a couple of years ago that Ford was developing a baby powerstroke for F150s and Expeditions, but recently heard that ford dropped the program. If dropped, Mr Ford should reconsider because everyone is looking for higher mpg vehicles with gas around $3/gallon.

Cheers,
Lee

Old 05-20-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Goodname4id
What is the latest on Ford's 6 cyl powerstroke for F150's???

I had read a couple of years ago that Ford was developing a baby powerstroke for F150s and Expeditions, but recently heard that ford dropped the program. If dropped, Mr Ford should reconsider because everyone is looking for higher mpg vehicles with gas around $3/gallon.

Cheers,
Lee
Ahhh yes.

Luckily for me, my mother works at Ford, and gets that nice Ford World news letter, that talks about stuff such as this. I remember reading in one issue that the 6cyl. Power Stroke was going to be put in the F-150s starting in 2008. Wich really means, fall of '07. However, the last company news letter that my mom let me read, talked more about the Ethenol (e85) vehicles, than anything else.

Let me just say this, when I first read about the 6cyl. Power Stroke, I was awe struck, but when I read about Ford brining back the old 429 Motor in the form of an Ethenol motor, I was speechless. (No word on whether or not this motor will be put in trucks)

Some of you might say, "A 429 cubic inch motor would never survive in Today's world". Ford claims that with the new e85 fuels that a 429 motor would work, simply because Ethenol burns so much cleaner than gas, so there are less emissions. They also claim you should get about the same mpg with the ethenol that you do with gas, but Ethenol is already priced at half the price of gasoline, and it is only going to get lower, as it becomes more popular. So it should be like the 60s all over again?

Q: Where can I see the new 429??
A: The new Ford Fairlane Concept Car.

I am sorry that I got off of subject, I just thought this might interest you more than the diesel.

Old 05-20-2006, 04:41 PM
the ford 4.4 V8 diesel engine will more likely be in ford vehicles than the baby powerstroke.

Old 05-20-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by lees99f150
the ford 4.4 V8 diesel engine will more likely be in ford vehicles than the baby powerstroke.
Actually, in 2008 the new Emissions laws on the Diesel engines will come into effect, which will kill that theory. It will also kill the current Power Stroke. It's my understanding that they only Diesel engine available right now, that meets the new Emissions standards for 08, is the Mercedes Blue tech diesel. However, you can not buy the right kind of diesel fuel for the Blue Tech in the United States.

One of the reasons Ford had considered the 6cyl Diesel is that it is supposed to be designed to meet the new emissions standards for '08. At least that is the rumor.

The only hope that our current diesel engines have is bio diesel fuel.

Quick Reply: Diesel F150???