Go Back   F150online Forums > Powertrain & Mechanical > V8 Engines
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read VendorsGarage

Old 01-12-2006, 07:33 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 1997 Ford F-150
1998 F150 4x4 oil filter relocation

My 98' F150 4.6 came with the oil filter relocation kit but the hoses are leaking. I want to put it back to stock. Can i do this? And do i need any new parts?

Thanks
Old 01-13-2006, 06:49 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2011 Ford F150
That's not a relocation kit, that's the way it came from the factory. My 98, no long gone, developed a leak in one of the lines. I replaced the hose set and never had an issue again. Can't remember the cost, but don't think it was all that bad. Unfortunately, the lines aren't regular hydraulic type lines, so your stuck with the dealer.

As for converting to the filter on the block arrangement, I'm sure you can, but I found the set up you have is easier for filter changes, my 03 F150 has it on the block and dumps the oil onto this cheesy plastic cover on the front diff, that routes the oil over and into my drain pan. Gives another thing you've got to clean up during your oil change.

Good Luck
Old 01-13-2006, 06:49 AM