optima

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
optima

which color top would you guys reccomend... i run kc day lights thats about it but i can get them threw work cheap so i was going to go with one. my battery in my truck is shot! thanks for helping in advance guys

Old 11-17-2005, 01:08 PM
Red top (for max starting current).

TW

Old 11-17-2005, 01:54 PM
Our company uses red top. Just remember that if you ever drain it to the point of no start, you will have to have it slow charged for 24 hours. It will not recharge on just the alternator.

Old 11-17-2005, 03:27 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by expy03
Our company uses red top. Just remember that if you ever drain it to the point of no start, you will have to have it slow charged for 24 hours. It will not recharge on just the alternator.
i may have just had a good red top but i left my sterio on for a few hours with the truck off(tailgating party lots of drinking i wasnt thinking to start it up) and i drained mine all the way let it sit for 3 hours and it started right up, that was year and a half ago and the battery still works great

Old 11-17-2005, 05:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
HI!... Go with the OPTIMA "YELLOW TOP". It's a automotive DEEP CYCLE battery that can be killed over and over again and still accept a full charge. Been running one for about 5 years now and luv it. Comes in real handy at the dragstrip. I can run my electric water pump, two 16" electric fans and a 10" tranny cooler fan all at the same time for over 30 minutes and it still fires right up.

Old 11-17-2005, 07:59 PM
Costco sells red tops for about $100. I picked one up about 8 months ago and have been very pleased. However, if you have the extra cash, I buy a yellow top. It has more juice and it's a deep cycle. Either way, you can't go wrong.

-Craig

Old 11-18-2005, 02:03 AM
i've got a redtop and its great, runs my system just fine. If you've got the cash or you get a good deal you might as well get a yellow top

Old 11-18-2005, 11:55 PM
Cool yellow tops

im in the military and get deployed fo 3 months at a time and well, sometimes im a dumbass and forget to remove the battery terminals when my other truck was in storage. but, the yellow tops are the way to go, my '66 mustang never had a problem with it and when i transfered the battery to my truck neither did it. it went from a stereo centered car, to a off-road centered truck with no problems. the verdict, yellow tops if you have the cash.

Old 11-19-2005, 12:25 AM
I have a red top and am running PIAA fog in front and Back up lights on back and a winch. The yellow top is a deep cycle and would be great for longer load requirements. The yellow are more expensive. I will be adding a yellow top for a dual battery system later. Red for the engine and yellow to operate winch, lights etc. For now, I am pleased with the red top and really appreciate the extra connection side posts. Good luck Good CCA too.

Quick Reply: optima