94 f150 no power

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 03:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94 f150 no power

My 94 f150 acts like it is not getting fuel, poor response, missing and pinging on open throttle. I changed the fuel filter and it has the same symptoms on either fuel tank so I don't think its the pumps. Checked the plugs and wires and didn't find anything way out of the ordinary. I guess you would best describe it as acting fluttery. This happened all at once with no warning. Where should I look next? Yeah its got a ton of miles but has always preformed well till now.
Thanks

Old 02-05-2005, 06:25 PM
Beg, Borrow or Steal a fuel pressure gauge. Sounds like a pressure problem. Some trucks with dual tanks use a pressure pump on the frame rail. If yours is one of these than you can have a bad pump and it would effect both tanks. Also need to look at fuel pressure regulator and poss vac. leak

Old 02-05-2005, 07:38 PM
I agree, it sounds like a fuel pump or filter. But the pinging could cause the other symptoms, so a clogged/inop EGR would do the same thing.

Old 02-06-2005, 08:43 PM
fuel pump sounds about right

a too have a 94 f 150 and before i got it..the owner had very similar problems..i have heard this a lot that the fuel pumps go bad in these rigs...it doesnt help to run a 1/4 tank all the time...but yeah ..new fuel pump did the job for mine...!!

Old 02-06-2005, 10:52 PM
cabinet,

I would caution against replacing the pump based on what I've heard so far. The filter is every bit as likely as the pump. There are other things that could cause these symptoms, again EGR is one example. I would have someone check it out before I replaced it.

One most pickups, it is easier to pull the bed than to drop the tank. But it takes two hefty people to lift it off if you don't have a lift. Four are very comfortable lifting it. Good luck.

Quick Reply: 94 f150 no power