Go Back   F150online Forums > Powertrain & Mechanical > V8 Engines
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 01-21-2005, 06:43 PM
1998 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 1998 Ford F-150 4x4
Question Throttle assembly/cable/pedal lube points?

I know that the Haynes manual isnt the greatest, but can anbody tell me where the lube points are for the throttle cable and pedal are?

it is getting that dry slightly sticking feeling.

Any help would be appreciated...
Willow Green interior, Superchip, K&N FIPK, Accufab custom ported throttle body, Custom 3" aluminum catback exhaust with MagnaFlow muffler, MSD High output coils, Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo 285/75/16's on Eagle Alloy 5 spoke 16x8 rims, Kenwood DDX 7015 DVD, Arc Audio KS300.4 Amp, MMATS Pro 6.5" separates up front, Image Dynamics ID8D4 8" Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer, Alarm, and other goodies.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:55 PM
Banned
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 1997 Ford F150
Send a message via AIM to 1Bad97F150
i wouldnt assume that there ARE any... i mean the cable itself is encased by plastic, and the pedal itself, well... that should always be very loose, to the point where lubrication isnt ever required... i mean my 72 nova pedal was bone dry, and always worked well for me maybe your spring is wearing down? or maybe the throttle body plate assembly is sticking? you could try lubing the outside of the throttle body springs and such with some silicone spray, and see how that works... be careful not to get any inside though, could cause problems... just be methodical with it, and very precise...
Old 01-21-2005, 07:56 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 1997 Ford F150 4x4
You probably need to check the throttle body plate to make sure there isnt a bunch of buildup at the butterfly.

Just use your hand to open the throttle and see if it feels smooth. If you still get the sticky feeling, remove the intake and use some intake cleaner to clean the throttle body (dont use carb or brake cleaner).

'02 F250 Lariat CrewCab, 4x4, 7.3L PSD

My Gallery
Old 01-21-2005, 09:20 PM
Banned
Garage is empty, add now

one time i sprayed carb cleaner (cuz i had nothing else) on a rag, and wiped down the inside of my throttle body... everything seems to be working fine, this was a while ago... whats bad about it?
Old 01-21-2005, 10:06 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 1999 f150 5.4 xlt
There is a protective coating in the inside of the TB. Brakewash is to harsh and may damage or remove this. the coating is there to help prevent build up on it.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:41 PM
Banned
Garage is empty, add now

well, i didnt use brake cleaner, but i did use carb cleaner, and just a lil while ago... i sprayed it all down with some STP throttle body/air intake cleaner.... looks nice now not as cruddy as before, and there was a lot of brow crap that came off it..... man that thing was hard to start! lol i used a lot... but it evened out and everything was good afterwards seems like it may be a slight bit better with my throttle response... who knows
Old 01-22-2005, 11:27 AM
1998 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 1998 Ford F-150 4x4
Butterfly and TB are both clean. There must be some grease points on the pedal, because I remember a dealership saying that was one of the items to be performed @ a service over 5 years ago!

Willow Green interior, Superchip, K&N FIPK, Accufab custom ported throttle body, Custom 3" aluminum catback exhaust with MagnaFlow muffler, MSD High output coils, Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo 285/75/16's on Eagle Alloy 5 spoke 16x8 rims, Kenwood DDX 7015 DVD, Arc Audio KS300.4 Amp, MMATS Pro 6.5" separates up front, Image Dynamics ID8D4 8" Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer, Alarm, and other goodies.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:27 AM