On the bright side....

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the bright side....

Just thought I would write a more positive thread. We have all shared some of the same problemswith our trucks, and thanks to this forum, we seem to help each other correct the problems that Ford Motor Company has caused through poor engineering or just complete lack of consideration towards durablilty. But on then on the brighter side of things, I have a truck that has 177,000 miles on it, still looks practically new. And besides the things that mudding, and off-roading has caused, I havent had any major problems. Just the other day I put a new starter in it, finally replacing the original one, and the next morning I got in it to go to work and started it up. It sounded sooooooooo good. Turned right over, no hesitation, no smoke, doesnt burn any oil, and the engine sounds so tight its pathetic. I mean how much longer can this motor run this well. I actually started planning at the begining of 2004 for an engine rebuild, and what I wanted to do performance-wise when I had it rebuilt. But it seems I may be waiting a few more years a least.

Some of you might think that this thread is me bragging cause my truck runs so good. Well yeah I guess your right. But it is also a good example of why I have always been a Ford man. Every vehicle has their problems. But what keeps me buyin Fords is the fact that the ones I have with Ford trucks are usually easy and inexpensive for me to fix. Most of them seem to be more of a nuisance than a real problem. Hopefully one day American craftmanship will return to the automobile industry. Until then, thank God for site like this.

P.S. Anyone know where to get a window crank that wont break in 6 months time?

Quick Reply: On the bright side....