Which heater hose is the supply?

Old 01-17-2005, 02:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Which heater hose is the supply?

I am trying to get my water temperature guage installed and I can't figure out which heater hose is the supply line. One hose is connected to a tube that appears to come out ot he intake manifold or block at the rear, and I can't tell where the other one goes, but it appears to go down beside the block? It's pretty tough to see without removing the solenoid cover. Does anybody know which is the supply?
Thanks

Old 01-17-2005, 02:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you can see the hoses going into the firewall usually it is the hose on the bottom...but why are you looking at heater hoses for a guage location?..i'd get a "t" and put the guage where the stock sender is and put the stock sensor back.. truck computer wont like the missing sendersome guage kits come with such t...zap!

Old 01-17-2005, 02:39 PM
Zapster,
The hoses are side by side going through the firewall. I already tried installing a tee where the stock sender is and I am having problems with the stock sender working. I believe the added height that the tee gives, raises the loscation of the senders higher than the radiator, and I therefore have air in the tee. The stock guage won't hardly move now.
Thanks Anyway

Old 01-17-2005, 04:25 PM
ttt

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which heater hose is the supply?